Question about Anniversary Optimus Prime?????

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sto_vo_kor_2000, Nov 5, 2008.

1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I know that there are many of you that feel he's been over prised.

So......How much would you pay for the New 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime?????

2. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I would pay $40 for the figure with trailer, but he comes with a comic and a dvd, so I guess the regular price isn't too bad. It's still cheaper then buying an original G1 or even the reissue, off ebay.

3. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Well if I didnt already have a G1 prime, I'd pay about $50 for it. That's just because of the extras in it.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's probably a $50 package, the sound box, DVD, and comic are nice extras but it's a bit overkill, I could do without the comic and DVD.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I probably wouldn't, TBH. I don't like the idea of paying for extras I don't want and already have in the case of the comics and DVDs. Don't think I'd go over £30, because I'd really only be buying it for the toy itself.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

So are any of you going to buy the figure if you find it for $50 or under????

7. elcamino88

elcamino88 Well-Known Member

I have seen the 25th set and the prime is actually much smaller then the G1 prime..it could be the the WST Prime.

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i'll pay 50 for it..im hoping thats wat it comes down to when it goes on clearance...maybe a bit less would be nice too

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I didn't have like 4 G1 Primes all ready, I would pay $60. All I want is the voice box though and I am hoping someone wants to sell it.

10. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I'm thinking $40, tops. Maybe $45. If I didn't have my original Prime still, I'd pay more, but I'm essentially buying a duplicate figure if I get the new one, so it's not worth as much to me.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd pay $50 if I saw it at that price. $60 is pushing it, $70 is bleh unless I see it and the presentation just totally rocks my world.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd see $50 as a reasonable price.

Saw a 25th Prime in a Toys R Us a while back and messed with the voicebox a little. Kinda wish the voice there had more of the echo and "presence" from the Movie helmet, though that may just have been the nature of the sound hardware and the shape of the thing.

13. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Eh? Could it be that 25 years ago YOU were smaller, and so the toy SEEMED bigger; as it is the same mold :) 

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I'm not sure if its smaller then the original but it is in no way a "WST's Prime.

That figure was about 2 inches long.

Good call.

So there are a few of you that want one......hmmmmm.

I might be getting a few [discounted] and will most likely be selling them for about $50.usd [+ shipping] or a bit less.

If you guys are interested let me know.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I bought mine for $61.25 U.S.

This toy is epic. It's way more than a reissue and I feel the presentation, sound box, dvd, and comic at least are worth $10.25 to me + prime is easily worth the $51. (trailer with all accesories!)

One thing to note is the advantage for the non-clearance buyer/ non-internet buyer, the factory applied stickers on the figure and the painted autobot logo had serveral problems across the assortment of six in my store. But I think I picked a good one. bwaaa ha ha HA!

Prefer the cartoon accurate colors. At least its not orange with the voices from last years masterpiece prime. uggh.

16. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Good price you got there.

What do you mean by 'way more than a reissue'. What am I missing that this has, that the others do not?

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Already bought mine. Haven't even taken it out of the box, I just put it in front of all my others to worship. :lol 

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The sound box if you hav'ent heard it yet is really well done. 3 optimus voice clips, a snipit of the g1 tv theme and transformation sounds as "spacers" between those.

I'm also tempted to find one for misb storage as this is the best hasbro packageing work I've ever seen.

Also as I may have hinted at in my previous post the red and silver choices Are really close to how prime looked in the 86' movie. Where as the other prime reissues are darker.

19. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Finally saw him today in Wal-Mart.

The box and presentation is beautiful, really nicely done and I like how the comic book/flap flips open. Very cool.

He looked to be the same exact size as my Encore O.Prime, but the trailer didn't have that sweet silver/swirl look to it, and the colors on Prime are a bit blegh.

Instead of the rich red and blue, it's kind a washed out pastel red/pink. Actually now that I think about it, it had that white washed out look that red plastic gets when it's been sitting in the sun for awhile.

and of course, short neutered smokestacks. :cry 

So i'd say it's a very, very nice package. But the colors and shortstacks kind of kill it for me.

I'm spoiled by my Encore Prime, the colors and everything just seem alot richer and nicer.

20. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I've got Encore Prime so don't really need another, but assuming I didn't - I'd probably be prepared to pay around £40-50 for this thing. Love the presentation. I don't get why everyone's moaning that Hasbro altered the mould (short smokestacks) - you DO know Hasbro altered every single one of their TRU reissues as well, don't you?

And Takara have altered many of their Encore/TFC reissues - different faces for the mini-bots, paint applications on TFC Starscream (to make him "anime"), paint changes to Trailbreaker, Hoist, Jazz...

if you want 100% original, then buy 100% original!!