Question about 3D glasses

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Pikatron, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I wear glasses and because of where I work, do not own any contacts. Can the 3D glasses given out at theaters be worn comfortably over eye glasses? I've been hearing good things about the 3D effects in DOTM and would love to see it in 3D if possible.

2. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    Yes, I shall be doing so tonight and have done on previous occasions.

3. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    It will work if you wear them over your glasses but it might not be that comfortable. Depends how big your prescription glasses are. What I do is to put my prescription glasses as close to my eyes as I can and place the RealD glasses a bit further away from my eyes. As far as I can. And it works just fine and is comfortable enough

4. Something Evil

Something Evil Member

I think it depends. For some, they can, for others(like me) they can't. Even if it's 3D glasses made to go with regular glasses.

5. Pikatron

Seems like it's hard to say until I try them out for myself eh?

6. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    no not really, i wear glasses and i've seen almost every 3D movie to come out this summer and all the 3D glasses included RealD 3D glasses can fit comfortably over your glasses

Do people really think that the movie industry would seriously not be considerate of the glasses wearing population?? come on now

7. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Thanks for this thread. I just changed my mind, I want to see it in 3d. Is it true this is the first movie shot in 3d or did I hear wrong?

Do the glasses make everything red though??

Also, are they handed out or do I need my own :( 

thanks!

Gonna try to get tix for emeryville, see if the ex wants to go, but midnite gettin out is gonna bug her...

Its gonna suck if I have to adventure alone again like 2.

8. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Avatar was shot in 3D, unless you are talking about the first Transformer one shot in 3D (in that case, you are correct, LOL). The glasses don't change the colors like the Blue & Red ones from back in the day. Theyare handed out, but the ticket price is a little higher. If you have an Imax theater around you, there is a 9pm showing (if it's not already sold out). Hope I helped :D 

9. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I think you did, but the IMAX is sold out, the tickets available are for 'real 3d'. Is this going to be the same thing? Im not a huge movie goer as you can tell.
    thanks for the info

10. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    the only complaint ill give is it leaves a nasty red line or ur nose for a bit lol
    but othere then that it works perfectly!!

11. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seen a few movies with the 3d glasses and in most cases I'm constantly readjusting them over my regular glasses. Why they don't invest in snap ons for people with glasses is beyond me. What's worse is for DotM I'm gonna be wearing a 3d mask. I'm sucking up the confort for the fun of looking like a bafoon.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless you have giant glasses, you should be fine. Bring two rubber bands and attach the two pairs if you're worried.

13. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wear glasses and can comfortably wear the Real3D glasses over-top while at the movies or at home. I do find myself adjusting more often to keep the glasses tightly together - but its not a hindrance to anyone used to wearing/adjusting glasses.

FYI, those masks you can buy at Walmart of Prime and 'Bee do NOT work with glasses. The size of them is a little small (aimed for kids I guess?) but fit my fat head without my glasses. The benefit of the masks is that they have a larger 'window' for the lenses.

If you are a real nerd (with a Real3D-enabled TV at home) then you might be interested in a pair of these: Optics company to release prescription 3D glasses | TG Daily... I will be getting a pair when I am eligible for another set of glasses.

14. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It fits on my head with my glasses inside the 'window' but not very comfortably. As I said I'm just sucking up the comfort for the fun of it.

15. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Well that is good they at least work at all with your glasses. Mine are pretty slim in design and don't even come close to fitting inside the rubber surround. I had to use my contacts just to test them out. Nowhere on the packaging do they mention that they do or don't work with glasses either.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They are usually provided.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just picked up my ticket and glasses a little bit ago (9PM showing bay-bee!) and I too wear glasses. They fit me just fine (Tried mine on in the parking lot). Also you could go and buy one of the Cine-masks. They look like they would have plenty of room to fit someone with glasses. The Cinemasks are the ones with 3D lenses in the eyes..

18. Pikatron

Thanks for all the new replies! I guess I can bring some tape or something and if worse comes to worse, attempt to pop the lens out of the 3D glasses and tape them onto mine. :) 

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Funny enough the Bumblebee Mask with the 3-D Glasses built in fits perfectly over my Daughter's glasses.

20. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    Yes it's the same glasses, NOT the red and blue ones-those don't exist anymore :)