Question about 360 controller on a PC

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just downloaded the Arkham demo for my PC, and it's awesome how when you go to Options, the 360 controller shows up.

What's not awesome is actually getting it to work.

For one, how do you keep the controller from being recognized by the 360 and turning it on instead of behaving like a PC controller? Every time I pressed a button on the controller, my 360 would turn on, even when I had it going into the PC via usb. I've made it work before, but I guess I just got lucky.

edit: I think I just found a software from MS that helps with this.

well download the software and this still doesn't recognize the controller.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I tried this and ended up having to unplug the 360 from the mains whenever I wanted to do it, the wireless is so good that you can't go anywhere in a normal sized house without the Xbawks picking it up.

The USB charge leads just charge the batteries, they don't turn wireless controllers into wired ones.

3. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I wondered if I was being strange for unplugging my 360 for the same reason, so that the controller's focus would be elsewhere. I had an old Gamestop 360 controller (wired) that I plugged into the computer and it recognized it as being a 360 controller, and it works very well. I'd rather use my real 360 controller, so I'll check out that wireless link.

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you need to set your controller to sync with the pc and not the 360, use the little button near the left triggers to do so

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I didn't have the 360 when I bought Arkham Asylum, but picked up the wired controller for my PC. Worked great for it. When I get my pc back up I may have to get the wireless adapter for it, cause that's my main controller.