Fan Art: Question about 3-D rendering

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ThaConqueror, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I've been working on my fan-character Sanitron for quite some time now. It's not as jaw-dropping as some of the other 3D stuff that have popped up here, but then I'm not a real wiz at Blender (hence why I've cheated and rendered his Cybertron mode, cuz I would have no clue how to do Earth vehicles).

Anyways, he's almost done, but he's lacking one thing, and it's kinda conspicuous...painfully so:

[​IMG]

He's got no lips! Could I have some help in rendering lips? I only just figured out how to make hands with articulated fingers, and they look kinda shitty. So, any pointers?

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could always texture the mouth on. It looks like you've given your model some basic texturing...

3. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Back when I first started, before I (re)learnt the wonders of cutting and modifying vertices and whatnot, I just used to stick a box object in the rough shape of the mouth I wanted, to protrude slightly from the face. It isn't as pretty as a modeled mouth, and it's not as flashy as a textured mouth can be, but depending on how close you're wanting to get in pictures, it can do the trick.

4. ThaConqueror

What's texturing?

5. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Texturing is when you add a texture to a surface.
    meaning you can a rock texture to a mountain side or something like that.

What i did on my characters is create some lips. i extruded lips and then rounded them off. it aloows my characters to open and close there mouth.

i would become familiar with 3-d lingo in order to understand when people give you advise. trust me, we use it.
    what program do you use?

6. ThaConqueror

Blender.

7. Bruticus666

Bruticus666 Shreddin' Combaticon

Ebay:
    Hey man! Really nice work with Blender! I know what a pain in the ass that it can be! It is truly a son of a bitch! So, congrats on getting a bot going man! I absolutely LOVE doing Transformers characters in Blender...and once you do one, you can't get enough! Transformers are to Blender what Hillshire Farms deli meats are to sandwiches! Great job bro! Check out some of my 3D work...done entirely in Blender! And just remember, some of the most bad ass of robots *wink wink* don't need mouths...their actions and colors speak for themselves...er something!

YouTube - Bruticus666's Channel