Question About 2009 SDCC

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by psj333, Jul 21, 2009.

1. psj333

psj333 Banned

Earlier today, a news was posted on this site saying that this 2009 SDCC, new Transformers action figures will possibly be shown but not likely. Does this necessarily mean, that these new figures, such as, Animated Fugitive Waspinator, and Animated Ironhide will not ever be made, or they will still be made, but may not be shown at this years SDCC?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The latter.

We'll see some new stuff, but mostly stuff we saw at Botcon.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You saw at BotCon like Animated Blackout and RoTF/Classics Bludgeon. Some of us have to wait til this weekend to see these if Hasbro has them ready to show

I just hope this year is not as disappointing as last year's.

<---- Hopes Tyrese Gibson doesn't come near Comic-Con.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    they're still making fugitive waspinator and all the rest of the animated figures shown at botcon. after all, what we saw in the display case were all production samples. meaning that the tooling is done. the molds, the paint masks, EVERYTHING. that means hasbro already put money into making the figures, and is going to want a return on their investment.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They'll definitely still be made. What the news post means, is that we, the people who didn't go to Botcon, will most likely finally see pictures of what was shown/revealed at Botcon. If it's like past SDCC's, what we see will even be the same pictures as the one's shown at Botcon. We may see some stuff that hasn't been revealed yet, but at the same time past SDCC's almost always only show what was revealed at that same years Botcon. Basically, we'll see stuff we already know about, but haven't actually seen yet.

No offense, but honestly, I can't see how you got "these figures are getting canceled" out of "Hasbro will be there with a booth of product, possibly with new toys (but not likely) and giving a panel.".

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry ya misunderstood. I didn't go to Botcon. So what I meant was new stuff=movie bludgeon, animated blackout, maybe some stuff no one has seen and "stuff we saw at botcon"=animated rodimus,
    Animated cybertron ratchet etc...

7. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping we get some new toy pics this week. I'm counting down to SDCC like I was actually going! :D 

8. psj333

psj333 Banned

I can see exactly where you're coming from, Ravenxl7. So does this mean that we'll see TFA Fugitive Waspinator and TFA Ironhide at the 2009 SDCC after all, at least we'll see a picture or a slide show of them?

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It is quite likely.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    What i took it to mean was that Hasbro would have a booth set up with physical product there, but none of the physical toys will be anything new, that hasn't been seen yet. But separate from that, there will be a panel with a slideshow of images. If we see new Animated and ROTF toys, that's where we'll see them.