Question about 1st movie decepticons holograms?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mirage775, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    This has been on my mind for some time and I figured here is about the best place to ask? In the first TF movie, the human holograms in Blackout, Barricade and Starscream are all the guy from S7. Forgot his name, but he's the one that shows the Secretary of Defense, the Mars landing video. Just curious why the Decepticons have his hologram in them? Can anyone explain or will it be revealed in the next movie? Thanks, Jason

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think Mustache Man is meant to be a likeness of S7's Tom Banachek.

3. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    Tom Banachek, that's him! Well, my wife, brother and I think he looks like the holograms? If it's not him, I wonder who it is, that's the hologram? No biggie.

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    If it is him, it may be another 'joke' at the aspect of the ARG of transformers are real.

It all does kinda fit nicely in a sweet davinci code aspect.
    From the voyager probe golden disc in S7's possession in the comic, to the antikithera mechanism, and even the australian aboriginee's cave paintings.
    Even Egyptian artifacts have a symbol of a ship, and a helicopter in one temple. There are too many other puzzle pieces that can add fuel to this fire.
    I've been watching too many UFO/USO documentaries lately looking for ideas for this stuff, surprisingly, one could make quite a sweet TF's are real documentary from a lot of this, including the ghosts of roswell one. USO's make great fodder for an underwater decepticon base. Just as ghosts of roswell give incidents of hidden beings maneuvering through a potential site of interest to them.

So if it's intentionally the same, who knows, though the arg did suggest screamer knows of S7 through a soundbite. So that could be why, since screamer wants the cube, and not megs free. Movie-canon wise, there's no reason for them to be the same as of yet disclosed. The various pilot images or drivers could have been taken from passerby's or the original drivers. Or pretty much any image on hand they could have stored in their memory banks.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    *sigh*

Again.

Mustache Man was played by Brian reece, a real-life United States Air Force Major.

Tom Banachek was played by Michael O'Neill, an established actor.

This reminds me of all the five million "random extra in the background is the same actor as a main cast member" theories on Lost.

Case closed.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

its not a tom replicant lol

the guy won a random lottery to be the face of the hologram. He was soldier on the airforce base and the mustache was added to make him more evil and less distinct.

Answer solved :) 

7. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Just some random guy...how can you pay attention to those kinds of details when there are giant robots beating the crap out of each other?

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Lottery? :sly2: 

He was scheduled to be the non-visible pilot of the MH-53 (Blackout) for its flight scenes, but then he gave someone an evil stare on the set and Michael Bay was all like "ZOMG that IS Mustache Man!" So they were asking him whether he wanted to appear in the movie, and he even delayed his honeymoon so he could shoot all his scenes.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Yep, for those that have the Blu version of the movie, in the pop up features it talks about how he was going to be erased off during editing, but they felt it would be neat to have him as a hologram.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Funny thing his, the reason he did the evil eye thing was because somebody was singing that "Michael Bay sucks" song from Team America: World Police on set.

11. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seem to remember seeing something about his Mustache being fake?

12. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Speaking of Lottery, we should have a lottery of betting pool on how many more times Nevermore is going to have to jump in and save us from this stupid question.

13. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

:lolol