Questin about characters vs toys in 1986 Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking.....ok so basically Transformers was just a 30-minute toy commercial in the 80s right? The movie ushered in the new line and killed off the old line......

So my question/thought is this:
    Why did they put so many new characters in the movie that they never made toys of??

Kranix
    Unicron
    Arcee
    Allicons
    Quintessons
    various Junkions
    Hell, even the exo-suits that Spike & Daniel wore.....

Any thoughts?

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    They where just filler to push the stories along just like Alpha Tron, Elita One, etc were in the first couple seasons except Arcee they didn't think having a female figure in a boys toyline would sell well.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, toys WERE planned for Arcee and Unicron at one point or another, but I think it's because they needed those characters for one reason or another to get the story they wanted. Looking at the G1 series, there's a pile of characters who never got toys, even some recurring ones.

Wreck-Gar got a toy, they probably figured that was enough for the Junkions.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They didn't. Few of those listed could even be described as characters. They were just filler for crowd scenes or, as stated above, just devices for the plot to be interacted with the characters who did have toys.