Query about Commemorative issue Magnus and Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Futureruleroftheuniverse, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I've purchased two commemorative series toys at a convention in my city. I bought an Optimus Prime and an Ultra Magnus. After a month, I've noticed a few things about the two "UK released" commemorative box.

Firstly, on both boxes, they lack a "TM" or a "R" logo after every detail, eg "The Transformers", "Autobot", "Optimus Prime" or "Ultra Magnus", even on the "Rodimus Major" and promotional pictures of others in the line are all missing the "TM" or "R" logo. Secondly, upon opening both toys, the Optimus Prime had a stamp "C 1992 Hasbro"!!!!!, on the Ultra Magnus it said 1984 for Takara AND Hasbro.

I know it's probably true that they're fake, and I'm saddened by the fact that I can't find the person who sold this to me as he probably won't show up again, but could someone just put my glimmer of hope out for real and confirm?

many thanks

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You mean this fig?

[​IMG]

Or this?

[​IMG]

3. Futureruleroftheuniverse

top one...
    what's that below the autobot logo? some serial number? 'cause I'm missing it. So the UK release doesn't have any TMs or Rs on the usual US places? even after the hasbro logo? Also, are the stickers inside the box JAPANESE!?

And with the optimus, C 1992 Hasbro correct anybody?

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I have no idea what it is, but the logo is on the UK box.

Don't know about stickers either

5. Futureruleroftheuniverse

ok, can anybody else help?
    thanks for the pics btw.

6. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I think the the top one is the trilingual version and the other is the regular run.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    It's just European packaging dude. Don't panic.

8. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, but... I think the 1992 stamping on the Prime is there because the mould tooling is the same as (or is at least based on) the one Hasbro used for the black trailered G2 Prime back in the '90s.

9. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Here is my thought, the commemorative series are just the same molds as the g1 line. So its not that they were necessarily produced back in the 80s, just the molding is the same. Now some molds have been used throughout the years and for different lines. You may have just happened to get a build that was produced from the factory line that just happened to be using a 1992 stamped mold. I wouldn't worry too much about the year of the stamp, just as long as you got the g1 mold of the figure you wanted. I have both a silverstreak and astrotrain in the commemorative series line and the silverstreak is stamped 2002 and the astrotrain is stamped for 1985.

10. Futureruleroftheuniverse

any one comfirm that? And the Japanese stickers that came with ultra magnus? I just want to be sure I wasn't cheated.

Thanks guys

P.S. sorry for the lateness, been busy

11. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, the mold stamps can vary. Especially since every reissue of Prime/Magnus, both in the East and the West, was based on the G2 Prime molds, which were slightly altered (including redating).

Yes, the Japanese stickers are also correct. All Western reissues came with the exact same label sheets that were used in the Japanese reissues.

12. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll step in.
    The Prime should have 1992 on him (last time the mold was mass-produced) and the Magnus should have 1984 (Same as Prime and most figures have both Takara's and Hasbro's name on them)
    All UK Commemorative reissues has Japanese stickers (The US ones might of as well)

How much did you buy 'em both for?

13. Futureruleroftheuniverse

knook, thanks for the response, just put my mind at ease now.

I bought them both for 150 AUD each (USD and AUD are around the same nowadays I guess...)

I just wasn't so sure because mainly of the Japanese stickers (never bought and opened a UK toy) and because of the inconsistencies of the stamps.

thanks again guys