Query about booklets etc. with selling G1s

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gargunkle, Apr 6, 2009.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I am getting ready to sell a bunch of G1s. In my storage I have many of the old catalogs, not just the ones that tell you which other toys you could buy, but also things like the form to mail away for Reflector.

Is it worthwhile at all to try to match up some of the appropriate booklets with figures when selling? Meaning, does that add any perceived value? How about robot points? Do any of the resource sites say something like "Scattershot came with 2 robot points, the season 3 catalog and the Reflector form" or such?

2. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    IMO I think it does increase the value of the items vs. selling them without paperwork. Obviously the instructions are important for the value, but you will get a bit more if the figures have instructions, product catalogs, tech spec & decoder, sticker sheet (more if unused), mail away offers, etc. I think you want to know if it is worth your time to go through and marry up these items so you can get more money than if you sold them without the paperwork. Unfortunately, it is hard to say because you may have some paperwork (mail away offers, instructions, etc) that happen to be pretty rare and would increase the value of the auction quite a bit and in other cases it may raise the auctions by fifty cents to a few dollars.

I really haven't been able to find any info on any of the reference sites I go to about which figures came with which robot points. Since most of these sites don't bother with the info, I don't believe it would decrease the value too much if they were absent from the auctions.

I hope this helps...