quandry

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, I have learned that one of my cards is good enough shape for either just Thundercracker on eBay (Botcon version), the Takara one, or the whole Botcon set. What would the best course of action be? Should I get the Botcon version off eBay, put my pre-order on BBTS of Universe wave 2 and Thundercracker on a diffent card in case I don't have a full-time job by then, or pay the 800 or more for the Botcon set (something I am trying to avoid)?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    what?

3. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Okay, slowdown - breathe - use your words!

4. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    card = credit card

5. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'd never use a credit card for something that expensive unless I was sure I could pay it off right away. Dude if you're having to use a credit card that's "good enough" to buy a toy you should seek debt counseling. Assuming "good enough" means "not maxed out yet". If that's what it means don't do it.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Never use a credit card just to buy Transformers. Bad financial decision there buddy. And on top of that you only have a part time job. I say keep the card in the pocket and save some stress later on.

7. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Listen to P_D man, I had about $2,000 when my mom kicked me out and I'm having to pay for my dad's bills and stuff since he claims he has cancer and can't work normal jobs and I have problems myself and I have yet been unable to get a job, down to my last 400 or so and I still see lots of TFs I want. I know what it's like to be low on cash or unable to afford something you want but with a credit card you end up paying way too much, don't do it. Are any of these toys worth going in the hole for?

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    So many members skip their bills to pay for transformers...it's kinda sad. Cut the plastic up if your talking about your credit card that just has enough room for one of these.

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

ok, I'll just bide my time and save up for the September releases on BBTS, I still have a couple of months anyway before their release, and I could actually find a better job before then.

10. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Glad to hear it.

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good to hear. I know that we would like to have Transformers whenever we want to, however, a good thing to do is set up a budget for yourself and on there set aside x amount of dollars a year for Transformers and do not go over it.

12. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i understand the whole financial issue hre, and i've bought a few tfs through ebay and i really wanna buy something of bbts or some other online store (i want henkei rodimus and bumble, possibly megatron but that wouldn't be for a while). when people buy stuff on bbts or other online stores, how should they pay for itif they shouldn't use credit cards. i always used my credit card but since im a minor, the bill goes to my parents and i just hand my mom the cash. whats the better way to pay when dealing online.

or are you just talking about expesive stuff like botcon sets (the most expensive thing i bought off ebay was like 20 bucks)?

13. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Debit Card.

14. justinRODimus

really? cuz all my graduation money is goin on my debit card :D  :D  :D  i just thought you couldn't buy online with debit...

15. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Well, by Debit, he likely means a VISA Debit card.

16. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Yeah visa debit.

17. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I use my VISA Debit Card for my purchases, works just like a credit card without the murderous interest rates. To fuel my TF addiction I'm planning on working at wal-mart doing overnight stocking, this will also let me know when new TFs arrive AND give me access to the WM incoming list so I can keep TFW updated on new TFs that are coming out, and then after I get off at WM I plan to have a shift working the grill over at BK. This will give me free food and tons of cash, I don't have a lot of stuff to do right now, nowhere to go and not a lot of friends to hang out with so I'll work 2 jobs for a year to a year and a half and save some extra green by walking home from work and using my WM discount on things I buy such as TFs and gift cards which I can use for gas, I'll already be getting free food from BK so I wont need to spend a lot on groceries. The way I figure it if I work these 2 jobs and walk instead of drive, I'll build up a ton of cash, drop some weight by walking and build some muscle from lifting heavy boxes and be able to afford to add more TFs to my collection. I know working 2 jobs seems a bit extreme but with economy being the way it is it's the only way I see fit to save up some cash in a short amount of time.

18. justinRODimus

dude, i'm not 12... i know haha

19. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wise counsel says to not be maxing that card back out to get a toy. Wait until your financial situation improves, and never put yourself in the position of spending the majority of your money on the hobby. Especially if and when credit cards become involved - it's foolish to pay interest on something like a toy. If you do use credit to buy toys, you should have the money on hand to begin with.