Quality on City Commadner KO"s?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I know this is not right to consider, but the real deal is expensive, and I don't have enough money to blow it on that, but I found KO versions, at KOTOYS.com... Is it good quality?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You can't save up another $25 for the real deal?

I don't own it, but it's a pretty safe bet that the KO isn't up to the standard set by the City Commander trailer. It also doesn't come with the extras the re-issue included, the shoulder missiles and gun.

Go for the real thing. It's worth it. It already sounds weird enough to be buying an unlicensed knock-off of an already unlicensed "Transformer" product.

3. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do a search, no its VERY bad, not even worth the money at all. the thing even had cracks on it, the size of the head is not even the same, fits poorly, unless maybe you dont move the toy at all. the shadow commader is better, but stay away from the city commader at all cost. im not bashing the kit, because i myself love ko tf. i buy them all. but i will not buy this one. go to the fp website, and see the pics for yourself. you will be glad you did not waste your hard earn money on that ko. see for yourself then let us know.

4. Wazzpinator

Where are you finding it cheap like that? All the sites I search have it expensive or sold out.

5. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The reissue is like 88 from bbts

6. Wazzpinator

BUt it's out of stock

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

(copied and pasted from another thread)

First, let's keep in mind that my particular version of the KO might not be true for all KO Shadow Commanders. For example, there are so many KO G1 Optimus Primes; some are excellent, others are abysmal.

My KO Shadow Commander came with the alternate face and the sword.

I played with it a lot since I got it yesterday, and I can post a few more impressions. The leg armor is difficult as hell to put on and remove; I don't have the original to compare it to, but apparently this problem is inherited from the FP version. The shoulder armor does not stay on very tightly. It's mostly gravity keeping it in place, but the shoulder armor is such a limitation on articulation anyway, I can't think of many situations where you could actually turn your figure's shoulders to face forward. The shoulder armor also lacks the pegs to attach the Prime-mold's guns, but again, the connection is so weak, you probably wouldn't want those holes anyway.

I know I just listed a bunch of negative factors, but I was trying to look for candid feedback. All in all, I feel like I got my money's worth. The quality of the plastic is just as good as any official Hasbro product. I am told that the paint job is not as good as the FP version, but to be honest, I have no comparison, and the paint job is at least as "good" as any Hasbro paint job...maybe even better. It holds together incredibly well in trailer mode. There are no loose parts except for the BFG not wanting to stay shut by itself, but even then, there's a nifty "targeting reticle" piece (the piece that connects the trailer to the truck hitch) that seals the gap anyway.

Really, even though I knowingly bought a KO (the originals are just too costly), you could lie to me that it was the real thing and I'd believe it. There are KO's that crumble in your hand as you touch them and make you regret paying even the paltry sum you paid for it. This is not one of those KOs. You are not getting ripped off with (my particular version) of KO Shadow Commander.

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the kos are crap, i have one and it's loose and not worth the money at all

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    is there any other places where they sell the real city commander without killer shipping costs? i need one, but i dont want the substandard grade ones from the bbts?

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not a great loss, if BBTS offers a return on it - I've double-checked their shipping on past orders, and it is accurate. The kit and box weighs a little over a pound, so it is what it is. The box is a very plain design and lackluster anyway - as long as the inner tray is intact, it's a better display piece than the box itself, and that's not saying much. CC is the prize, the box is just...a box :D  It doesn't even have any artwork or windows.

It sucks (really sucks, I've been there, I know), but you're running out of options. Unless you get lucky and find someone who needs to sell one fast or see one up for sale at the right time, you're not going to find a better deal unless FP does a third manufacturing run. If it were me (and it was, last year) I would have taken the substandard one from BBTS

12. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    you know robotkingdom.com wants approx: $20.00 shipping for 1 city commander. no fu*king way.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    http://toyarena.com/city-commander-...ath=5&osCsid=fe1cc86a4a03291d0a7de83e2b61fe35

edbomberToys FansProject City Commander Trailer Set & TFX-03 Weapons upgrade - Henkei (Japanese Classics) - Transformers

edbomber does charge tax, but he is great. May look him up on the boards first and shoot him a pm.

14. mac&cheese

News Credits:
  15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, didn't know about edbomber's site - he's got some great stuff. But when did Alt Rodimus go down to $30 and Alt Rumble get up to $50?

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    They are also shipping from japan and chances are you have it within 3-5 days.

I got a ko shadow commander from a member here for pretty much nothing and I have no issues with it at all.

17. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have a KO Shadow Commander, and an authentic Powered Convoy and City Commander. The KO Shadow Commander is actually really good, except for the issues that Lord of Tetris mentions above. I pretty much agree with his assessment 100%. Can't vouch for the City Commander KO, though.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

19. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    does edbomber pack items well? anyone order from him before? i would choose the basic shipping service with no insurance. anyone order from him with feedback?

20. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

dude, you have nothing to worry about edbomber. i've bought tons from him in the past and i've got no complaints, always top-notch. he's also a member here.

here's his feedback thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/87186-edbomber.html