Quality of KO Menasor Accessories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aey103, Apr 17, 2007.

1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently I brought my vintage G1 Transformers to my apartment in Massachusetts from my parent’s place in Pennsylvania. Four of those were the limbs for Menasor and the little car chest accessory for Menasor. I have all four of the weapons that attach in vehicle mode but that is all. The recent thread about the KO Mirage had me thinking about the quality of the accessories that came with the KO Menasor, are they a good substitute? I need both feet, both fists, the head, cod piece, and gun, (sword would be nice too but I can live without it). I also need Motormaster, but I plan on buying the original off eBay since I can get that at reasonable prices but getting all of the other parts I need off eBay can start adding up quick and although I hate getting KOs if I can get the KO and those parts are a descent substitute it works for me. So anyone have the KO Menasor and how is the quality of the parts I need in that set?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I used a fist and foot off a Defensor KO. They work fine and aren't noticable.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I bought a KO menasor set. I can render these judgements. The Plastic quality in them is not to the same standard as a real TF. For Motormaster this isn't a problem, and since it uses the Takara mold it has the spring loaded launcher. But Breakdown and Dragstrip are not the greatest. Breakdown was put together wrong (screws in the wrong holes). Dragstrip's head piece is really flimsy. Now the Menasor bits are great. But the left foot peg is centered, and the right foot's peg is towards the left side of the piece. They were changed to make the foot centered on Nosecone and Afterburner. The head has red eyes. And mine has the decepticon symbol that should be on Motormasters shoulder is on the waist piece. The gun is good, as are the fists. The set doesn't have the sword or the smaller guns. Another thing is that all the parts have excess plastic from the molding process. But most com right off or can be filed off.

4. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I will buy the KO for the Menasor bits and go eBay to get the vintage G1 Motormaster.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    if you want, ive got the head, chest and crotch piece and i'd be willing to sell them or trade em....PM me if you want to....

6. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The Menasor pieces come with G1 Motormaster. Why not purchase a complete one?

7. lars573

Easy. $$$ Just Motormaster can run you $10-40 (depending on condition). Add in the Menasor bits and weapons the price jumps to $50-60 to start. With $80 being average.

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. I have been seeing only Motormaster in descent condition for about $20 including shipping. The Menasor/Computoron KO combo is relatively inexpensive so I figure for Motormaster + KO + shipping running about $40 tops.

9. lars573

Mine was ~$35 CAD. But it was shipping from Hong Kong.