Quality Control

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PropagandaWar, May 20, 2011.

1. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone else noticed a decay in quality over the last your or so. I have bought several transformers with what I consider major issues. Here's a list:

Classics Perceptor: Missing Eye Socket Head Piece
    Deluxe Kup: Head Flaps down by the slightest touch
    Deluxe Movie Ironhide. Arm screw stripped and loose couldnt even be tightened.
    Deluxe Terradive. Hand fall off when you position it. Flat Hinge not ball joint
    Deluxe Galvatron leg falls off when you turn it. Flat Hinge not ball joint
    DOTM Voyager Shockwave. Blade falls right out of arm.
    Others weapons wont hold ect.
    This is just off of the top of my head.
    Its just annoying

2. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

I stopped buying alot of newer figures since Classics first came out. I had to return most of the figures. Mirage twice. I havent had any good luck since. Which is why I wait to find figures in the B/T/S thread.

3. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    It's nothing new. With every new toy line there are reports of bad QC. With the Classics, it was missing pieces, bad paint, two left hands, weak joints on the seeker mold's wings. With the movie stuff it was crappy gears in the automorph, loose ball joints. With Animated it was limbs popping off and missing or sloppy paint apps. With Universe it was sticky paint, bad joints and so on. Doesn't make it any less frustrating or more acceptable, but what we need to realize is that quality control doesn't mean somebody inspects every single toy.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was actually having pretty good luck with QC for a while. But with DOTM, the QC for me has ranged from average to horrible.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Well my DOTM Megs had to be returned because a pin for transformation in his leg was inserted so crookedly that it could not bend for transformation, made the leg crooked in bot mode, and shaved off half the plastic on the joint. Plus my Sergeant Kup's head is ridiculously loose and the joint doesn't hold his head up very well at all. But I couldn't really return him since he's so darn hard to find.

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    So far I have a problem with DOTM Jolt. His left shoulder has a double joint at the L shaped bar that you rotate out and lay flat against the side of the car. It will only move 1/2 the way so his arm is not fully rotated out. I ended up getting a second one and will return this one. Plus the new figure had a loose right arm that would fall apart so I switched it with the arm from the figure I'm returning. My other problem is with DOTM Sideswipe. The two panels on the left side door (left arm blade and left wing) won't connect together. So it leaves a gap and won't stay closed. I picked up another one and as soon as I untied the new one the left part sprang up like the first. You can't tell in the package because the paper tie down runs across the hood and locks the figure in place.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    The problem with Kup's head is that it is NOT PROPERLY ATTACHED TO THE BALLJOINT.

It's not a QC issue, it's that the ball is stuck between his chin and the socket, not IN the socket. Take the head apart, put the head on the socket, screw it all back together and it's as it should be.