Quality Control

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golobulus, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Ok, recently I got Superlink Grand Convoy. I used to have Energon Optimus Prime, but got rid of him a while ago. I like Grand Convoy's colors much better than E. Optimus, though the differences are minimal,almost arbitrary. Here's something I noticed, and I have noticed with alot of my Japanese Transformers

The joints (arms and legs, or joints used in transformation process) are either much tighter or much looser than their Hasbro counterparts. It's not all over, just certain joints feel tight.

For example, Grand Convoy's leg joints and flaps that become his feet are EXTREMELY tight, like to the point that it seems that if I transform him too often, they'll break.

Am I just imagining things or does Takara use poor quality plastic?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It started with the later reissues before the TFC line stopped. Takara's quality has been on a steady decline.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In all fairness, the price of plastic is going up, and the people who make and QC these toys are paid pennies. We can either decide that the ratio of good to bad samples is good enough, or we can pay more to improve it. You can only pick one, and really, I see people complain about the pricing of toys constantly, so it doesn't look lik the latter choice will happen.

4. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Yeah, but guys, Superlink Grand Convoy was made in 2004. Is the plastic degrading or something?

Because my Galaxy Force Vector prime and Starscream are excellent

So is my Superlink Galvatron and Galvatron G, I have no complaints about either of them. I don't get it :( 

5. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sometimes there are just duds. Or for a wave they had to economize. The same way comic companies some months have to put cheap covers on their book, then next month back to the high quality stuff.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe they're only working with one hand now, while the other is jerkin to anime teenies, teehee

Only kidding, their quality always varies a bit. I guess it depends on how high it was on the priority list when they made it.
    Just hope they never stop, they've made some of the best damn toys ever