Quality control...again.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MasterDeath, Jun 1, 2007.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Well what with the movie line being a movie line and probably put on hasbro's top list, you would think they would make a little effort. I pradicted when I herd of this 'automorph' tech that it might involve some cog alike mechanism, and one lil mistake and this mech would be broken. And with hasbro and its cost cutting, it spelled disaster.

I baught a blackout, and a ratchet. These were fine, so far they are of quality, the toys themselvs are not too bad, but blackout doesnt fit together 100% in robot mode, but its not THAT greater of an issue.

I ordered (from the same guy, on ebay at £22 a peice inc delivary good price) another one of each for my friend...... so first 2 are fine these would be too right?

Wrong. Ratchet is missing a bit from his arm. You know that lame axe thing? lil flap you put his hand in when the axe is out? yeah it is missing.

On blackout, something is skew-iff and the auto morph bit has messed up. Wont go back into alt mode and fit together without either the back being loose and not fitting together, or the cock put going as it is supost too.

Theres a 1% chance the seller will replace it, you know what some of these ebay types can be like....

The protoforms, and these 2 are the ONLY ones got online, no more until they come out here. In that way if an item breaks due to haslames QC I can get a replacement at argos or tru etc.

Anyone else had issues with movie toys like this?

Anyways rant over, hope you enjoyed... my friend is a lil upset over this... :/ poor guy.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

Buddy, if you'd waited till tomorrow, you couldve gotten both Voyagers for £15 each, and the protoforms for £7.50 each from Argos.

Also, if the seller imported them, 9 times out of 10 (In my experience) they claim no responsibility if its defective and refuse point blank to refund/exchange.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

my jazz had stressed plastic on the spoler and a bit on his leg but it doesnt bother me at all

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Blackout is fixable:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1327534&postcount=68

It's a pain, but at least it's doable.

You want QC problems? How about a paint defect on a $180 scale model, forcing you to return an entire product run to your factory for replacement. If you're lucky, good QC means not EVERY product has a problem, just the occasional one that slips through. It's when every product has a problem that it's a serious issue.

Granted, it's a serious issue when it's your toy :p . My Classics starscream never came with one of his wheels, and I have a grimlock with two right arms.

5. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Protoforms only cost me a tenner so thats ok...but the others...meh I had no idea we were getting the toys now...meh!

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    15 and 7.50? Thats cheap. Is that the permanent price?