quaestion about universe line seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roykop, Sep 21, 2008.

1. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere...

With the news that a repaint of Universe Starscream with more g1 accurate paint is on the slate, is it at all possible to get repaints of Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust (retools), that are different enough to keep their BotCon counterparts unique, but allow the rest of the collectors to get their hands on them?

I read something in another thread that hinted as to why somebody knew why it wasn't possible, but didn't state why. I myself can't afford to pick thos eup on ebay, and while I like my customized Thundercracker, and plan to repaint a Dirge from Ramjet, I don't have the technical skills to recreate Thrust's wings myself.

Any insight you can lend on this topic would be great!

As far as I'm concerned, bring on all the seekers you can... Sunstreaker, the generic lavender drones from g1... I like that mold enough to get em all :) 

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i'd love to see a universe dirge and thrust...thundercracker and skywarp are being released as part of the takara henkei line, im gonna try picking those up...but the other 'coneheads', i want :D  sorry if im not answering ur question, im just agreeing with u on ur point...lol

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll say.... not impossible, but not that likely either, If only because after Henkei-esque Starscream, that'll be two repaints of that mold within Universe/25th alone. I could see a Ramjet repaint being trotted out though.

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I want all the seekers but I'd settle for the other 2 rain makers and Sunstorm.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I think the big problem is the exclusivity agreement connected to the Botcon seekers. Whether this means we could see a Seeker that looks like an updated Dirge but called... I dunno, Lament or something. Maybe that would be possible.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They ought to do up Thrust and Thundercracker in Cybertron Starscream's mold like they did with Dirge in the Dirge vs. Roadbuster pack. It'd give you a classic seeker, just in his cybertron form, and the Botcon ones will stay preserved.

7. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    Only problem I have with that solution is it sort of ruins the lineup of having all 6 seekers in a row. To me, due to its g1 sculpted look, the classics mold is the "definitive" seeker

8. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, in that case, they already did them. Unfortunately for many, they were made for Botcon. The Henkei ones are pretty much your only hope, and they'll probably go fast too. The new Starscream is made to give Classic Screamer a more G1 paintjob. The Botcon ones already have pretty G1-esque paintjobs...

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I am confused, why make a Universe Starscream when you already have the original and the Henkei one. I thought the Henkei one was suppose to be more g1 accurate? Seems to me they are hashing them out without reason. I would rather see a Sunstorm than this.

10. Optimus Sledge

Because not everyone bought Starscream two years ago.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This. I'm much happier theres a Universe SS coming out rather than a generic seeker/Sunstorm.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Word.

Bring on Sunstorm!!!

13. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing as soon as i saw that Starscream. If they were willing to re-offer starscream with the minor paint modfications. They should just offer the seekers with paint modifications.

This is just getting so ridiculous at this point. It's like bizzaro world, stuff like acid storm and the rain makers should have been a botcon set, and botcon seekers should be at retail.

With this new starscream being very close to Henkei version, Hasbro doesn't seem to be worried about stepping on the toes of people who got one [myself included]. I don't see why they should be so worried about the botcon seekers at this point, which were an even more tiny amount made, and super, super, super expensive.

If it's too much to get all them at reail, they should be offered as a SDCC/HTS exclusive, those are pretty easy to get compared to botcon stuff.

14. megamus

News Credits:
    How different is the Universe one versus the Henkei one? I know that the Henkei one has chrome parts and different paint scheme on the wings but what about the Universe one? Is it different enough to have both?

15. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why should Hasbro feel they're screwing fans who bought the Henkei versions? It's not like it was a sale for Hasbro...

16. Optimus Sledge

How is this "stepping on the toes of people who bought the Henkei one"?

17. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

I'm not personally upset about the new starscream being close to the henkei one and feeling jipped. But I'd imagine some people may be somewhere complaining about it. I'm just making a comparison to this and the stepping on the toes of the people with the botcon seekers.

I'd also bet we see a new Optimus, pretty much like the henkei one as well.

18. Optimus Sledge

But what would they be complaining about? I don't understand what problem you think people might have.

19. megamus

News Credits:
    All I'm saying is, there are many other colors , color schemes, etc, they could make. A generic seeker would be nice. They did it for the pvc line why not for this one. Also some people were referring to the rain makers? What is this? I only know of Acid rain? What else did I miss?

20. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

Paying the import price, which is more for the henkei versions of characters, vs paying 10$ at US retail.

I just don't think allot of people expected when they bought the henkei figures, that hasbro might start releasing those in the states for cheaper.