QC (Quality Control) problems with TFAnimated Toys, list them here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been browsing the forums and I have seen people mention quality control problems with their TFA toys.

Thought it would be wise to compile a list here!

1. Megatron two-left leg problem
    2. Starscream no-head problem

What else, out of the norm have we found?

Norm = Bad paint job, loose joints

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

BB: Stingers don't fold in all the way
    Lockdown: Hands don't fold out all the way

3. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Those are not QC problems you speak of. The figures were made that way.

I have heard of some people having one shiny leg and one not shiny leg for Grimlock, and some people getting two right arms on their Black Aracnia

4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Starscream with splattered paint all over his face and his wings.

5. trey_dawg05

trey_dawg05 Banned

Ebay:
    animated qc

I bought all animated figures except the two pack, and all of them are tight and well painted except prowl is loose.

I did find an extra thumb in the box with my starscream though. Nothing is wrong with screamer though. feel sorry for whoever is missing a thumb

6. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

Starscream, back fins keep popping off.

Starscream, both legs pop off at ball joint near hips at the slightest pressure, cannot transform him without them popping off.

Two Pack deluxe megatron, right leg joint at hip super loose, cannot stand up at all. He goes right into doing the splits.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Prowl's face looked like he was eating golden pie and forgot to use a napkin, but that's 'the norm" so really, not much to report.

8. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is typical of Grimlock, but his waist seems loose. Not so loose that he won't stay where you twist him, but loose enough. What are other's Grimlocks like?

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The waist on mine seems about right...though the hips are REALLY tight in robot mode...tride to move them but stop after "excessive force" imo...didn't want to chance breaking them...anyone else with this problem...?

Also on Ratchet...One of the hip pins was incorrectly punched (not going through the hole in the plastic but just to the side creating stress marks...also his arms are REALLY loose after you extend them...

10. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the same with my Grimlock, too in fact. More specifically, his thigh and hip joints don't seem to want to move unless it's inward when he presses them together for T-Rex mode. I was a little sad that I wasn't able tomove the hip joints, particularly since I wanted him to look like he was really laying into a sword slash on Lugnut :)  Still, he's light years more articulate that the original Grimlock, far, far more stable than Classics Grimlock, and sports a wonderful TFA revamped design. So I'm still quite happy with him :) 

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    my brother's starscream came with 2 left hands, so its missing a gimmick

My Bulkhead's side doesnt line up right, but i dont really pay much attentiom to that

bulkhead's wrecking ball doesnt always shoot out, thought thats prbly my fault.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My Blitzwing came with his left arm attached wrongly - this prevented him from transforming into tank mode. You can see it in some of the photos I took of him, which I posted in the 'Animated Poses' thread - I've since corrected the problem with a screwdriver, and all is now well and good.

13. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Starscream:
    - unpainted face
    - malformed ankle socket so foot won't stay attached at all.
    - forearms not attached together properly so fingers* and thumbs can't stay on.

* They call 'em fingers, but I've never seen 'em fing. Oh, wait... there they go. - Otto

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just some missing paint on my Ratchet's chin & Starscream's cheek, as well as Lockdown's left leg being extremley loose. Considering what everyone else is going through, I really am greatful.

15. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    wobbly shin problem with prowl awsome fig if you can get both legs tight but my left one where the tire shin part folds is loosey goosey.

16. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Here is a copy of an email I sent to Hasbro. I'll post the reply if I get one:

To whom it may concern--

I just wanted to make Hasbro aware of a major problem with your Transformers line. When buying deluxe and voyager sized figures QC has become a major problem.

A majority of your deluxe and voyager class figures come with sloppy paint applications, missing paint, paint smears, and paint scratches. This has become an epidemic.

When buying these figures for myself (I am a collector.) or my children I expect better. This is especially true when you have shown that you can sucessfully apply paint on your figures at the same pricepoint with the Transformers Movie Premium Series line.

Something needs to be done about the QC issues with these figures. I'm sure that Hasbro wants to be known and set the standard for releasing good quality product and not product that is known for being junk.

Another issue with the deluxe and voyager sized Transformers figures is plastic molding. Pegs are too small to fit into corresponding holes and therefore parts just fall off of these figures.

An example of this would be Transformers Animated Voyager sized Megatron. The peg doesn't correctly fit into the corresponding hole for the gun so it just falls off.

The same thing happens with Transformers Animated deluxe sized Blackarachnia. The peg on the spider's tail is molded too small and doesn't hold the grapnel hook on correctly.

This plastic molding problem also occurs on ball joints that connect arms and legs to deluxe and voyager class figures. This causes your figures' joints to be loose and also causes arms and legs to fall off and makes figures unable to stand on their own.

Something needs to be done about these problems or Hasbro will begin to lose credibility in the consumer toy market. There has been countless discussions on internet messageboards about Hasbro's increasing QC issues. You and I know word gets around very quickly online.

Also, what should I do as a consumer when I spend my hard earned money on your product and it has defects such as this? Should I address the issue at the place I purchased it or should I contact you directly?

Please get back to me as soon as you can about these issues.

Thank You,

MY NAME

17. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Dagnammit, so it's YOU who got my Starscream's thumb!:lol 

Well, after swearing I wouldn't touch animated, I've gone and picked up Prowl because of all the awesome pics and feedback he's generated, and Starscream because...well, because it's Starscream.
    Starscream, as mentioned above, appears to have annoyed the Yakuza at some point and Prowl's left leg drops off as soon you even look at it, let alone touch it. The plastic of the ball joint is cracked.

So that's a two out of two failure rate. Not a good sign....:( 

18. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    "- forearms not attached together properly so fingers* and thumbs can't stay on."

ditto. Also the first time i transformed him his head fell out, so it wasnt even attached.

19. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

This is worth repeating. I cannot express enough my disappointment with this toy line. I just returned $150 of toys to the store tonight, and cancelled my pending order with Hasbro Toy Shop. At first I thought maybe a couple of the individual Animated figures I opened first were defective. But that is simply not the case. This entire series suffers from systemic engineering flaws and massive quality control problems. I have never seen such shoddy product with Hasbro's Transformers brand name attached to it. These figures fall apart far too easily and the paint applications are substandard. I will not be buying any more toys from this series unless I hear of some massive improvements. I fear that, in an attempt to achieve the 90% cartoon accuracy, Hasbro has compromised strength and durability of the toys. And apparently they have cut some corners on the production line. I love the TV show, and was so eager to collect this toy series. But, I'm sorry, the toys are total crap.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Sounds like every Transformers line ever to me... *shrugs*