QC issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blur3479, Jul 30, 2011.

1. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Idk if this belongs here but what r some notable QC issues on figures u have

On my bludgeon I rotated the tank turret and it came right off

2. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

my wfc bumblebee is pretty shit. he has scratched paintwork on his alt-mode hood, his head doesn't join together properly (1mm gap on both sides) loads of really bad bits where he was cut off the sprue thingy and none of the panels line up right. shame really, first bad TF i've had for ages.

last one was a misassembled divebomb, and hasbro uk very kindly sent me a new one.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    My Battle Blades Bumblebee. Uneven proportions in altmode, legs that don't transform properly and loose doors in robot mode.

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Main issues I have had is poor paint apps. Nothing very noticeable but if you look closely it doesnt line up right. Most recent example is DOTM deluxe Roadbuster on the parts where the green meets the white parts in car mode.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a bunch of QC issues on my Warbot Defender. The knees are extremely floppy (I sorta fixed them by tying thread on the joint) the arm kibble is loose, the shoulders are loose, and there's a loose pin between the chest and lower body that moves out of place whenever I transform him to car mode (which fortunately I can easily push back inside).

It's a damn shame since he would be nearly perfect if it weren't for those issues. And he's one of my most expensive figures. Sigh

Also, there's a stress mark on my Generations Thrust that was there right out of the package. I'm not worried about it at all though.

6. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    BW Transquito is a complete failure of quality control.

7. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Hmm... my WFC Megatron was slightly misassembled out of the box, RTS Hot Rod has the plastic quality of a McDonalds toy, and RTS Wreck-Gar has pretty bad stress marks on his hands and shoulders.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I've been very lucky it seems, my only real QC problem (other than easily solved looseness) has been scout ROTF Breakdown: He had a shoulder blue piece identical to the other arm -that is, not mirrored- so he couldn't transform properly because of a little tab. He was the last breakdown I could find so I had to repair him. It was just some small cutting and filing and he's alright now.

I have seen some horrible QC nightmares posted in this site, I'm thankful that it seems to be the exception rather than the norm. Also, one of the good things about international releases (the multilanguage boxes) is that they usually have solved the issues on the first releases of the mold and have some beneficial running changes in may cases.

9. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    One of my RTS Prime's sword/trailer hitch doesn't like to plug into the peg holes on the thighs completely, resulting in the thighs being farther apart than it should be in order to tab into the backpack slots. It doesn't seem like it has any extra plastic inside the thigh slots, so Idk. On my other RTS Prime it's not a problem.

10. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    One of the toes on the right foot of my DOTM Laserbeak out of the package from TRU.com, down the line I might buy another whole one or one for parts