QC BT-17 Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TimothyVernon, Mar 14, 2007.

1. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

Yeah just got my bt-17 in the mail today, and after opening it i noticed a huge clump of paint on the front bumper.. the bumper won't lock into place so it just hangs to the floor.. the hood won't even come close to closing, there are atleast 6 points on this figure where the paint has chipped, and there is another clump of blue paint under the front bumper.. what the hell am i supposed to do.. i already opened it.. i got it from bbts.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you got a bad apple. And due to the exclusivity and difficulty of obtaining one, I'd be surprised if BBTS would take it back. I'd email Joel and ask him but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    You're lucky you got him from BBTS. Just send them an e-mail regarding the quality of the figure and 99% they'll ask you to return it and give you a new one.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ugh. Things like this are why I always steered clear of Binaltechs. I hope you get it sorted man; Joel is normally awesome for things like this.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I must not fear, fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

You're making me nervous. The thought of QC issues on such an expensive and hard to get item is something I've been trying to push out of my head ever since I ordered mine. Hopefully you'll be able to get it replaced and it was an isolated QC incident. :( 

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    not too isolated, as almost anyone who owns any Binaltech Asterisk figures can tell you.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This is the first QC problem I have heard on a Black Convoy so it looks like you unfortunately ran into some bad luck. I would contact BBTS first for sure and see what can be done there.

Sorry to hear about it though dude.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn that sucks, but if I know Joel and BBTS, he'll take care of you. And like others have said, he stands behind his products and keeps his customers happy.

Good luck!

9. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

alright. just got an email, and he said that i can return it for a full refund, or i can keep it as is and get a $50 store credit. it just sucks that they have no more in stock

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That sucks, man. However if you can live with the flaws, that's a pretty good deal. What are you going to do?

11. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Can we see pics? If it's bad, go for a refund. I don't think the toy is worth that much in the first place, let alone with a flaw. Buy a bunch of other stuff.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'd chip away at it with something not too hard, or maybe find a REAL fine nail file and sand it down. shouldn't be too hard to take care of.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I guess you got the one that was supposed to be Razerwire's :D 

I'd say go for the refund, they are about the same price on ebay right now, you can just buy another one