Q: Would you want to see Decepticon Seeker Drones in TF Classics 2.0/Universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quickswitch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

I remember in the very beginning of the Transformers cartoon, maybe like the 1st or 3rd episode, that there were the 3 main Decepticon Seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp) & like a few other seekers that never talked or were given names. They were colored light purple with black & I don't know if they ever made an appearance outside of those first few episodes.

My question is, would anyone like to see a figure made of those old Seeker drones? We've already seen that Hasbro is making another brand new seeker character named "Acid Storm", using the Classics Starscream mold, so what would stop them from doing something like that again?

I wouldn't mind adding more Decepticons to my Classic's ranks, plus I'm not sure if a Transformers army builder figure has ever been created really. The Autobots always outnumbered the Decepticons in the early days, so them having a slew of Throw-away troops would make sense.

What are your thoughts on this?

-Quickswitch

2. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Absoluty. Great idea. I would LOVE to see that actually happen. I doubt hasbro will release the other two "Rainmakers" as anything more than exclusives...but ya never know.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Certainly, without a doubt. The more F-15 classics seekers there are, the happier I'd be.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sunstorm was in the first G1 episode too and I'd love to see a Universe deco of him.

5. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Why not? Hasbro would only have to design color schemes and sell them as "homages." With how well Acid Storm was recieved, it seem like an easy buck to make.

6. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

The same could be said for mass releaseing Thrust, Dirge , and Thundercracker. Seems like it would make alot of cash...but they didnt do it did they?

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I hated that Hasbro wasted a repaint on Acid Storm. They could very well have made Sunstorm or any other SS drones that fans are more familiar with. That being said I don't mind seeing more Classic SS repaints. It's a great mold and they can milk it for all its worth.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They didn't do them out of respect for the exclusivity of the Botcon 2007 toys. Plus, they would need to spend money remolding the wings to properly do Thrust.

9. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Actually they would have to spend money to remold Dirges too. As even his were slighty different from Ramjets. Thats beside the point though. Im sure if Hasbro thought they could have made serious money on those seekers they would have released them. Now could they have? I cant tell you.

10. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

No. A couple of repaints are a bad idea. Though I do agree with you about how unfair it is for the Autobots to outnumber the Decepticreeps, I'd like to see some new and original moulds, instead of a multiple Starscream rehash.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They didn't have time to continue the Classics line with more waves before the movie, and gave the Collector's Club the blessing to use the molds and characters. Now they are choosing to honor that exclusivity and forgoing the money.

Let's talk new characters for the mold. In addition to Sunstorm, I want to see a release of Starscream's Ghost. :D 

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Absolutely. Start with Sunstorm and the purple drone; after that, bust out the 64-count Crayola box and get crackin'.

13. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Sure, the more seekers the merrier!

14. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Seekers are like potato chips; you can't have just one!

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Yes,i have 9 and counting

16. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Very true. I think we'll only get them if the Takara/TOMY Classics line makes them

Yeah, me too. The Decepticons are very outnumbered in classics it seems. That's why I thought that Hasbro making the drones would be perfect:

- It'd cost them no new mold making
    - It'd give us some actual troops for the Decepticons
    - We'd be getting another Decepticon

Granted I don't like seeing repaint after repaint after repaint either, but when it comes to the Decepticon transformer jets, this has been going on since the 80's.

Actually, does anyone have a picture of what the Seeker drones look like? They are just straight copies of Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker right?

-Quickswitch

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It makes sense for cons to be outnumbered, its just like 1984 again. I'm all for dozens of seeker repaints. I would like some coneheads though but i dont think there was as many animation errors with them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes I would buy all of these..I can see them all hanging from fishing line in jet mode flying over all the Classic cons....BEST SHELF EVER!!!!!!!

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Defintaley I'd like to see more seekers, but they should use some more molds to spice thigns up and make some seekers different, like BM Jetstorm, Titanium Starscream, Cybertron thundercracker, etc

19. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    YES.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, I could dig this. I dunno about Titanium Starscream (mostly not sure if they could use the mould for plastics - if so, cool), and I think BM Jetstorm would need some retooling to fit with the aesthetic, but yeah, multiple configurations of Seekers would be cool.