Q.C. problem with my Generations Darkmount

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crazy Ninjaman, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Crazy Ninjaman

Crazy Ninjaman TF fan since 1993

Well when I got Darkmount from walmart yesterday I was really excited. But when I transformed him there was a problem. If you look at the picture HIS EYES WERE NOT PAINTED! I dont't know what happened but Hasbro needs to monitor their production a little bit better. Also as a side note the red paint is off set from the triangle on his head.
    P.S. HASBRO IT'S CALLED QUALITY CONTROL PLEASE DON'T END UP LIKE JAZWARES!

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You could always try fixing this yourself. All it takes is a little bit of rubbing alcohol to strip the existing red paint off the triangle, a small detailing brush to apply a new coat of red there, and a toothpick to fill in the eyes.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

End of the world.

Take him back, exchange him.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's a $10 toy. If it make you that mad, pay double for the Japanese version that will have great paint but more than likely floppy joints.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well no, actually TFU Straxus looks like he had a stint in Allspark Blue hell.

6. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Getting the Japanese version is far from a guarantee of paint accuracy or anything approaching quality control anyway.

7. Crazy Ninjaman

thanks for the kind word and idea. Unfortunatley I don't have enough money to buy any red and yellow paint:( 

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Then I hope there are other Darkmounts there for you to make an exchange.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Take him back. Easy fix.

10. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

have you seen the colour they use on the takara version? its horrible...

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    That is a minor issue the HFTD Hubcap I bought recently had two left shoulders, the Recon Ironhide I got had two left hands, the Drift had a huge gouge out of his right leg vent the Backfire had two handle bar pieces the same instead of left & right. & a Sons of Cybertron Rodimus with an arm that falls off everytime he's moved.

And that is just the faulty ones in the last month or two. There's design flaws too like Star Wars Transformers V-wing that has arms that don't peg down in vehicle mode.
    Or movie Deluxe Brawl with arms that don't peg down properly on most versions.`

And flaws going back over a longer period like a Universe Cyclonus with the guns sliced off in the factory, a SDCC Skywarp with no accent pain on one leg, A Donald Duck Transformer with a huge split in his leg and at least half a dozen Mini-cons cracked or broken from new.

A Takara Red Rampage with two left sided blade struts, a HFTD Leader Starscream with a cracked right wheel mount.

a ROTF Soundwave with a lump out of his rocket launcher button.
    A Classics Bumblebee with a cracked windshield.
    A Broken from new RID Green "Megabolt" with GPS problems
    Not to mention version of the Starscream Classics mold where the guns fall out of his arms as they are far to loose. a Classics Ramjet with two left Shoulders, a Cybertron Unicron Deluxe with two left fore arm covers, 3 faulty ROTF Divebombs before I got one where the tail are would close tightly with out a huge gap.
    My Movie 2007 Battle Damaged Arcee had no exhaust pipe.

2007 Movie Leader Megatron has a stuck on lights and sound pack that just whines from the speaker and runs the batteries down (some sort of short circuit I'm guessing).

A Human Alliance Bumblebee where the plastic has failed to fill the wheel mold properly leaving air bubbles and a sucked inwards look on one wheel hub.

An Alternators Ricochet who's arm falls off due to a broken joint from new.

All of the ROTF Movie Scout Knockdown like Motorcycle mould have the wheels on upside down and back to front. Movie 2007 Wreckage's back does not peg down at all.
    Animated Swoop's Head falls off everytime he's Transformed. Crooked Tail planes on Universe Silverbolt, The faulty siren on Universe Onslaught. misaligned side hatch on ROTF FAB Optimus.
    HFTD Breacher has hatches that don't close properly on one side.
    Battle in the box Ultra Magnus has his arms on backwards.
    All the movie 2007 Leader Optimus Primes have the knees and elbows on backwards or swapped left to right even both Takara and Hasbro ones including The Premium versions and the Nightwatch versions too.

Most Armada Skywarps have missaligned leg ratchets. as does the arms on that Armada Digger mold in many cases.

And repeated problems with poor paint, dust in the paint, scratches, over zealous trimming of parts, loose joints, and even missing pieces sometimes.

And that is without even mentioning flaws by design like ROTF Jetfires partially missing electronics, or that someone thinks that FAB Mudflap is actually easy to get back into vehicle mode when his arm is two big to allow it without much fiddling.
    Alternators Shockblast comes with a boot (trunk) that won't close properly.

And those are just the ones I can remember. so You got off lucky with some missing paint i'd say.

But yes poor quality control does indeed suck.

[P.S.]

Aside from GPS on a couple of toys I had very little problems with G1 toys its mainly been since 2006 that things have started to go wrong a lot for my toy buying from Hasbro.

12. Crazy Ninjaman

Wow red alert sorry to hear about that. I also have a brawl with poor arm attachments :( 

13. Crazy Ninjaman

:UPDATE:
    Well since I didn't have any yellow paint I had to improvise. first I disassembled his head. then I took a thin piece of paper and superglued it in to the eye peice. after that I cut a small part off of a yellow plastic bag and put it over the paper. Then I screwed it back together and this is the result.

Attached Files:

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a bad fix at all

15. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it can happed, QC and QA dont and cant check every single figure.
    if it gets ya that riled up, take it back i'm sure its easy to exchange.
    Or keep maybe in a few years it will be the super rare of centre triangle version and make you a millionaire.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've found that when you are painting something red it helps to put down a base coat of white first. Without that white base the blue is going to try and bled into the red which is not going to look as good.

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Maybe darkmount an autobot now...

18. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking for another to exchange mine as well. When I transformed mine he had two left arms.