Q and A with Mairghread Scott writer of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by MScottWrites, May 29, 2013.

1. MScottWrites

MScottWrites Empress of Cybertron

News Credits:
    You are so welcome, although I actually like our artist, but I know how personal choices in art can be. Grimlock is definitely stronger in his Dino-mode, but also less in control, which is why Ser-ket was egging him on to transform in Rage (1. because it would make him realize she was right and he is "better" as a Dino and 2. it would make him more malleable.) He is strong as a Bot, but stronger as a Dino. As to his strength vs. Predaking's, I can not say. But it would be a heck of a fight.

2. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for my long delay, between Comic-Con and life I've been stretched thin the past few weeks. But I'm back in action and already seeing art for Issue 5, so I'm very excited to keep talking. Feel free to keep posting questions and have a Dino-tastic day!

Mairghread

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Any chance of Minicons being thrown into the mix in some way further down the line in the comic? Since they're supposed to have come from the Moons and all.

Secondly, in the comic, do you have a long-term plan in store if ya'll end up running for a while? Or is it essentially going to be Grimlock & Co's violent exploits for a while?

4. DinobotsKings

DinobotsKings Member

Thank you for responding and answering my question, although I did not intend for it to look like I disliked the artwork, I actually do. It's just personal preference. To me Grimlock should tower over most Cybertronians. My whole family also wishes to thank you for your amazing work on the primes series. I've read up a rumor that the entire prime staff is writing a new transformer series. I hope this is true and this will be just as good as Prime and you are a part of it as well. I'm anxious to see Predacons Rising and hoping, REALLY hoping Grimlock is on this movie.

5. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, more questions to go with my last post:
    Will you add in 'Outsiders', characters who aren't from G1, if roles open in the story for them?
    Will we see any attempts to defuse Shockwave's mental hackjob in Grimlock's brain?
    Finally: Impactor was in Rage. Does this mean his death occurred in between Rage and Prime?

6. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, we found out at SDCC that Issue 8 will be our final issue. So while we will link the Dinobots to the Prime Bots (if all goes as planned), there just isn't time for a whole lot else. But I still have some tricks up my sleeve and I plan to make every issue count. Issue 5 is coming along nicely.

7. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    -That's unlikely on my front given our constraints, but Mike should have something planned.
    -As far and Impactor goes, good catch! He is one of the Bots Wheeljack said was killed by Dreadwing so I thought it would be fun to mention he's in Rage. More mystery to add to what happened to him between the two.

8. DinobotsKings

DinobotsKings Member

Saw Predacons Rising trailer! Looks epic, no Dinobots though :( 

9. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Since Impactor, Roadbuster, Pyro, Rotorstorm, and [Possibly, as had you the room you could've brought him in] are dead, and killed by Dreadwing, does that mean that Dreadwing is to Wreckers as Animated Blackout is to Omega Sentinels?

And speaking of Wreckers, two more questions:
    Did the L.S.C. and Wreckers ever share an op together?
    Are the Monsterbots on the squad spiritually if they exist? Because I can see Shockwave making Repungus an Autobot/Insecticon hybrid while Grotesque and Doublecross are Autobot/Predacon.

Seacons: Animatron characters who would join the Decepticons or Cybertronians? Because this Gestalt team needs to be big again.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Did you ever consider putting Seaspray (after the cancelled Batman inspired version) in the Beast Hunters comics?

11. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    But with Predacons, so there's that. :) 

12. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    Hey! Quick answers to some good questions.
    -Don't know that we have a lot of open roles left in the stories we have to tell.
    -I personally don't think Grimlock's injury at the hands of Shockwave should be resolved. It's not something I think can/should just be fixed, so much as a permanent issue he'll have to cope with for the rest of his life.
    -Yes, in fact we specifically put him in Rage to show that his death happened afterward. A little easter egg for Prime fans.

13. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    No. Seapray is Duane's favorite, not mine. I would not take him away from Duane.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Are there any none TFP stories that you'd like to write for the IDW G1 series in the future?

15. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Wow, a double answer.

I think you ran on autopilot, and saw post #205 instead of #209.

For a sillier question, do you follow Travis B[r]eacham on tumblr? He's the brains behind Pacific Rim.

16. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    So I was re-reading Rage, when I noticed one of the panels had a generic Autobot whose head was basically the Motorskull (Motorstorm's logo) with some fangs. So now I have a weird headcanon question:

Can we consider these three guys to be Rallybots?

And I'm naming them Motorstorm (Green guy), Dirt Boss (Orange guy), and Snowblind (White guy). They turn into these:
    Motorstorm
    Dirt Boss
    Snowblind

I know the second half of this is required to be non-canon, but since they're generics...

Well, since I'm intending to do a post-Rage and post-Deadlock Transformers Prime fanfic anyway, I'm just asking if these guys can be considered one of the subgroups.

Edit: Post-BH Questions!
    Would any of the various cut characters (and Ironhide) have shown up?
    Would the four Predacons from the toyline have played a role?
    You love Miko, so would we have had a scene where she meets the surviving Wreckers (and a possibly revived Broadside)?
    Omega or 'Plex reviving somehow?
    And lastly, Zoom seems like he's supposed to fill a niche that no canon character seems to be willing to. Was he considered as an Armada Sideswipe-type fanboy?

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Do Issues7 and 8 of the Beast Hunters comic take place after Predacons Rising or during the movie?

18. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    I believe it was announced that Issue #6 is where the show and comics join up.

19. MScottWrites

News Credits:
    Not as of yet, but I would love to.

20. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    I listened to 2 podcasts yesterday, which gave me a few questions to ask*:
    1. In this podcast, you said that Ratchet was originally going to mention Elita-1's death. Botcon '13 also told us that Seaspray would have survived Dreadwing's attack if you'd had your way. Does this still hold true canonically, and, if so, will they be mentioned in the comics?
    2. What is the likelihood of TFP having a sort of deleted scenes montage in the future, or of you being able to continue telling stories in this continuity after Beast Hunters #8 (e.g. your scrapped Soundwave arc)?

* To anyone about to call me out on this: yes, I know I said it was odd that everyone was asking questions regarding the show on a comics thread a while back. Sorry.