Q about Armada Jets nose angle

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Nov 12, 2006.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I know this is a little late for the Armada line but I never understood, why all of the USA Armada jets had the nose cone angled down.
    I would have thought this was normal except that I purchased the Japanese Armada Starscream, and his nose was "in line" with the plane body. (not angled down).

does anyone know why this was different between the two versions?

Is Japanese Thundercracker, the same as J Starscream?

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the only Micron Legend seeker to feature the unique straight angle nosecone was ol' Micron Starscream.

After that, they were all pretty much just the American versions IIRC. It's the reason I only bothered with the Micron Legend SS.

As for why? I heard for safety reasons. Coming from Hasbro, something dumb like that flies for me. :lolol  Anything more specific and I don't know :( 

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone know if you can fix that? Maybe shave a tab or something so the US version will be straight? Mine are all buried so I can't check.

4. Sushi Convoy

Sushi Convoy Tying up car

I seem to remember when this came up during the Armada years the explanation was that the "straight line" nose section made the jet mode too much like a "knife" and too easily enabled child-stabbing. I think it was "Orson" (Aaron Archer) himself who explained that on these boards.

North American safety standards. Micromanagement run amok. What a load of....

Sush.

EDIT: Why is it every time I leave lurker-mode and post on these boards my post count has been reset?! :) 

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've always heard it was a safety thing too.....weird, cause it's still pointed. Kids can't impale themselves on a seeker just because his nose is pointing down?? Crazy! Why did that not affect any other jet ?

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As I understand it (which ain't with much) the angled nose was so if the planes was dropped/thrown/whatever and hit something with the nose, the angled nose makes that part more likely to flip down on impact, diverting/diffusing the force, and less likely to act like a spear.

Sounds like something that sounds better on paper than in practice though.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Probably becasue alot of American kids are just plain retarded.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

ML Thundercracker also has the straight nose. I know since I have one. The colours are also much nicer on ML Tcracker.

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, it's their parents, the lawyers, and judges who make this stuff necessary. I mean, I once hit a kid with a baseball bat, but nobody stopped making them because they're dangerous.

-Tony!

10. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

There is a way to fix the angled nose thing. It requires a small amount of shaving on the area that the nose touches while in jet mode. don't file the nose it self though. If you look at this area closely you can see that it is at an angle, just straighten it out. You will have to repaint over that spot of course. I tried this with my Universe Ramjet and it worked great.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Damn. I didn't know about this back when I was in chinatown looking at an imported ML SS. It was cheaper than the domestic release, too.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah, but a bat is not a toy though , it's for sports, and it's made to hit things with :) 

Im talking about the kids who point toy guns at cops , or the ones who poke their eyes out with G1 Cyclonuses lol

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everytime a thread like this pops up, I'm always reminded of an old article from the Onion "Fun toys recalled thanks to stupid dead kids".