Minor/Repaint: Pyro classics/ROTF

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MyTea Boc, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted any pics of my customs, but I should be uploading a few in the next few days. Please excuse my terrible photography skills.

Here we have my take on Pyro. The head is from Calloway's Shapeways store (Pyro head assembly by CALLOWAY75 on Shapeways) and is an incredible depicition of Pyro's noodle.

The body is a KO oversized rollbar. They idea of using it for a pyro custom struck me when i was messing around with it and did the 'heroic hands on hips' pose, and thought it looks a little like a prime pose.

I added a arm cannon, which is from a junker first aid, added a few magnets under the arm and in the cannon and it holds in place quite well. To fill the hole in his chest I took the autobot symbol thingy from the claw arm of an Armada Hoist and added some filler so it stays in place.

I used warhammer cidadel colours for all the painting, and I think he makes a good addition to my wreckers collection!

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Considering how much the originalmold looked like Optimus and Pyro's Primus Apotheosis, I think this is a great mold choice! Just a bit small for my taste though. But it's an oversized KO... BRILLIANT!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool idea! I have that same oversized KO! I've been trying to think of a use for him. Did yours come in the same blue&grey deco as the original? Your paint application really gives him a striking, heroic look! Does he include special "violent dismemberment action" like in the comics? :D 

And that's a damn fine Wreckers assembly you have there. They look great together!

zmog

4. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    This is really cool!:thumb  The Rollbar mold works well for Pyro; the only problem was it's size, but an oversized KO fixed that.

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great job on this dude! Been a long time since I saw you do any customs but I can see you gettin better I best watch out!

Oh and rotorstorm and roadbuster I'm sure I have seen them before? :p 

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I recognise that head! Good work.

7. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice take on Pyro man, I dig the mould, suits very well.

8. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I couldn't agree more^

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Thanks guys, pretty happy at how this one turned out!

Cheers dude, has been a while but I hope to get a few more post up in the next week or two! Yeah has some talented young customiser make those for me, they are quite awesome ;) . Thanks again for them dude.

Yeah, Calloway did some excellent work there, I've bought a bunch of his head casts. Particularly like this one and the Banzaitron head he made for the ROTF figure.

Thanks guys!

10. Pyro

Pyro @NurseMidnight

News Credits:
    Very nice. I wouldn't have thought of using that mold for a Pyro Earth mode.