Putting weapons in the right hand..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Feb 21, 2009.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I noticed the other day when transforming some of my collection that I always put their weapons in their right hand. I didn't put much thought into it but then I was reading some in the feedback thread and noticed others did the same thing. And I looked at the seibertron gallery (some great pics) and noticed that every pic I looked at, the figure was holding the gun in the right hand. So I know this is thinking too deeply about plastic crack, but if you put a gun or whatever in your toys right hand, why? Even the molded in blaster for the movie BB is on the right hand.. WHY?!?!

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I became aware of this years ago. I was doing it with my gi joe guys as well. I bet it's something like if you're right handed, you're more likely to put the weapons in the figure's right hand, and if you're left handed, the opposite. so I tried to switch it up, but then laugh because it's like I'm trying to be politically correct with my toy posing :) 

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    90% of the world's population are right handed. I personally put the weapons in the right hand because it looks "normal" to me as that's the hand I hold things. I'm sure most right handers feel the same way. Perhaps left handers put the weapons in the left hand of the figure.

4. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

i have some left handed bots. it just doesnt look right when everyone in the display is right handed

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

The majority of shooters are right handed. This is also why a revolver's cylinder will open to the left for reloading. It could just be a subconscious decision.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

In addition the revolver opening to the left, most rifles and automatic handguns eject cartridges to the right. Left-handed shooters get hit in the chest with their own spent shells. It's just natural to see guns held in the right hand, so we pose our toys with weapons in the right hand. :/

8. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I am right handed and I noticed most of my figures have the weapons in their left hand.

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking at my Heroes of Cybertron PVC's and most of their weapons are right handed or both. Though my Alternators seem to be about 50/50.

10. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

hmm.. im left handed but still put weapons in the figures right hand without thinking about it..er.. until now.. lol

11. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I put the guns in whichever hand the instructions and/or packaging show it in.

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Right Hand is the Dominant side of the US(Maybe the World). Everything that is made is for Right Handed People Handguns, Cars, Game Controllers, Guitars, Computer Mouse, Roads/Highways, etc. Its the way our culture is. Thats why it looks off in a left hand of our TF Figures.