Put your money where your damn mouth is... your top 20 movies.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by McBradders, Nov 28, 2009.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Let's get right to the point here. There's been a lot of posturing about whose taste is best of late, as thinly veiled as it is, so lets cut to the damn chase.

Name your top 20 movies of all time.

Not a list, but with reasons.

And may god have mercy on anyone putting Revenge of the Fallen on there.

(ORDER IS NOT IMPORTANT, JUST 20 MOVIES IN ANY OLD ORDER IS FINE)

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Like you said, this is in no particular order.

1. Shawshank Redemption: a beautiful, inspirational story about overcoming all odds. Pile on an excellent performance by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, this movie is an instant classic.

2. Lord of the Rings Trilogy: I lumped these together since it is just one massive epic story to be told. Beautiful scenes, great story, epic battles. 'Nuff said.

3. The Matrix: groundbreaking in many aspects. Great scenes (lobby gun battle) easily overcome bad acting by Keanu. Other two movies were horrendous though.

4. Pulp Fiction: classic Tarantino flick with excellent dialogue and character interactions. Humor is a plus as well.

5. Super Troopers: easily one of my most favorite comedies. As low budget as can be yet delivers great humor.

6. The Big Lebowski: my favorite Coen Brothers movie. Excellent characters, dialogue, and interactions.

7. Aliens: while the first one was more of a thriller, the sequel was more action packed. Also, the quote "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!" was forever cemented as one of my favorite lines.

8. Fight Club: it makes you think. It makes you think hard. Not only about what's going on in the movie but with your own personal life as well. Really, how do you know yourself if you've never been in a fight?

9. Full Metal Jacket: first half is one of my most beloved quotable movies. Second half is gritty Vietnam mind job.

10. Saving Private Ryan: the Omaha beach scene alone make the movie a classic.

11. Back to the Future: campy as hell but awesomely fun. The sequels were good too.

12. Terminator 2: while I do love the first one, I feel that the second was more iconic in the Terminator mythos. Liquid metal is awesome.

13. Forrest Gump: truly a beautifully woven tale. Tom Hanks also did one helluva convincing job.

14. The Dark Knight: while Batman Begins was a great origin story, Nolan truly hit the mark with the sequel. 'Course Heath Ledger's Joker helped a whole lot. Plus Two Face is one of my most beloved villains from the Rogues Gallery.

15. Major League: bottom line, when I see this movie on tv, I have to watch the entire thing. I can understand people not liking it because of it being based on baseball though.

16. Pirates of the Caribbean: good family fun with pirates. The fact that they made a movie based off of a ride at Disneyland is a marvel.

17. The Incredibles: my favorite Pixar movie thus far although there are others that come close. It's a wonderful, loose interpretation of The Watchmen that's kid friendly.

18. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark: the one that kicked off two other great movies and a crappy fourth one. What's not to love about adventures in archaeology?

19. Blue Brothers: another one of my favorite comedies. Wins the award for longest car chase with the most pile ups ever.

20. Silence of the Lambs: probably my most favored horror/suspense/thriller. Great story and excellent acting all around.

I'm sure there's more movies that would take place of some of those I listed but can't remember off the top of my head right now.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  3. McBradders

Ren, you've earned my forever love for having Major League in there. I watched that hundreds of times as a kid.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Army of Darkness - This movie was my first introduction to the 'B Movies' and slapstick horror/action/comedy. It was the first movie that I stole catch phrases from. Has some of my favorite one liners and sound effects. Plus he has a chainsaw for a hand.

Cabin Fever - I've always been a horror movie fan, and more so of the topless teens in the woods genre. This kind of threw it on it's head a little bit. A surprising ending and a decent cast that worked well together.

Collateral - This movie blew my mind and redeemed Tom Cruise in my eyes. I was never a big fan of Cruise but seeing this movie, and when he utters the line to Jamie Foxx about how "He" didn't kill a man, the bullets and the fall did. I remember cheering in the theater.

Crank: High Voltage - I don't know to describe my love of this movie. It's so over the top. It pokes fun at action movies and it's self. I loved the score and the soundtrack. Though similar to the first Crank in it's use of 80's hair bands; it was perfectly accompanying it's scenes. Jason Statham kicking non stop ass in a plot that gets considerably more unbelievable.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I thought this was a beautiful love story. It made me cry the first time I saw it. It has the bonus of being the only Jim Carey movie where I'm not waiting for him to make funny faces.

Ginger Snaps - Awesome horror movie about Werewolves and umm girls going through puberty. One of my favorite plot points in the movie is the mother of the two daughters constant rationalizing of what's going on. The Werewolf make up was fantastic too.

Go - Lot of good action scenes and another soundtrack that synced up perfectly with the scenes accompanying them. Stylish editing and an interesting take on movie story telling.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - I don't really think this movie adds anything to film making but it was the first movie was watched and felt like all the jokes were for me. Whether the laughs were hits or misses, I felt like I was in on the "in joke". It was like 2 hours of me and my douche bags friends in the local comic store .

Jurassic Park - Real life dinosaurs! I knew when I saw this the scenes that were animatronic and those that were CGI but I didn't care because I was watching real life dinosaurs on the big scene. Never felt more like a child than seeing this on the big screen. Seeing the Bracisaurus the first time had my eyes watering.

Not Another Teen Movie - The only spoof movie I've ever purchased. So, so, so, so low brow but most of the gags are hits. the 'Janie's got a gun' scene has ruined Areosmith for me.

Planet Terror - I just love this because of it's look and directing. My favorite scene in the movie is the "missing scene". Reminds me of Army of Darkness mixed with some of the exploitation films of the 70's. Plus, El Ray was the most bad ass guy standing around 5'4.

Princess Bride - Pretty much stuck with me since I was child. Every time I see it, it's like reading a story book. Even the way you can see the mats on the set during fight scenes. It's like my thoughts are building the scene piece by as I'm reading along with Columbo.

Serenity - I was never a fan of Firefly until I saw this movie. I love the dialogue and character interactions. The movie sold me on Firefly and made me a Whedon fan fo' life. Plus, the scene where River goes assassin the first time is bad ass.

Slither - My thoughts on this very much mirror Cabin Fever only it's stars Captain Mal Reynolds. I love the black sense of humor. The scene where the young girls are trying to get to their older sister is hilarious but revolting.

The Descent - The first horror movie since the Blair Witch that had me on the edge of my seat. More scary than the monsters was the confined set. Early in the movie when one of the leads is crawling through a narrow tight space and it starts to collapse my heart started getting tighter. Good stuff.

The Empire Strikes Back - I don't even know what to say here. Perfect sequel. Out did the first in every way, the acting, sets, effects. The opening with the Hoth Battle is my most memorable movie scene ever.

The Goonies - I just wanted to be their friend. When the Cindy Lauper song kicks in and the adventure starts I was there with them the whole way. I wish there was more movies like this.

Terminator 2 - Just like The Empire Strikes Back better the first in every way. the ending was perfect. "I can not self terminate". Plus I'm pretty sure watching the T-1000 "goo" his way into the helicopter gave me permanent eye damage

Transformers the Movie (The Animated one) - I saw my favorite characters on the big scene. Animated better, voiced better and better action. Although seeing Optimus Prime die fuck up me as a child...

Trick 'R Treat - Perfect homage to the Creepshow like anthologies of the past. I loved the stories and the cast. And the neat twist to Anna Paquin's story was nice little ending.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Ah yes. I forgot about this one. Definitely a great movie.
    I liked the second one as well. :lol 

The third one I think I've only seen once. Forgot most of that movie.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Good God, why do people have a problem with people liking this movie, or any movie? Why should you give a shit?

And what happened to the personal Top 25 movies thread? (Just knock off which ever five you want from my list in there. I'm not reposting)

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Besides the fact I think he's joking (mostly) it's a pretty rotten movie.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Your opinion, maybe. And I'll never get these "jokes" where people put down anyone who likes (or dislikes) anything.

9. McBradders

1. Fight Club

A film (and book) that understands precisely what it means to be a man in the modern age. Also seperates the luddites from the people with brains which is nice.

2. Jerry Maguire

Again, a very good understanding of what it is to be a guy in the modern world, except instead of fighting this one is about the heart. "B-but it's a romantic comedy for the chix!"... WRONG.

3. The Empire Strikes Back

Back when a decent twist could really be "Yo dude, I'm yo papa!", add to that it was an incredibly dark kids movie... kinda crazy when you think about it.

4. The Matrix

The only movie that's been able to rival Star Wars in terms of scope, vision and groundbreaking effects that forever changed cinema. Good jeorb... until the sequels :cry 

5. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Such a wonderful adventure, a real testament to the now forever gone talents of Spielberg and Lucas, their vision and passion for adventure and wonder.

6. Jaws

The first Summer Blockbuster still puts 99% of them to shame. 3 dudes on a boat has never been so exciting.

7. The Thing

Picking a John Carpenter movie is always going to be tough but I think this one has aged the best in terms of visuals and storytelling. To this day the effects are convincing and terrifying, reinforced by a cast on top of their game.

8. The Blues Brothers

Working both as a comedy and a musical it's a showcase of great talent from group of imaginative, funny people at the top of their respective games. Nothing has really come close since and a musical I think everyone can enjoy regardless.

9. Ghostbusters

Another seemingly timeless movie that just gets better with age. A great mix of over the top and understated performances as well as a great script, wacky premise. How it actually worked is beyond me.

10. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Best buddy movie of all time. Fact.

11. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

A beautifully shot film about two dudes trying to psyche eachother out for 2 odd hours. Shouldn't work, but it really, really does.

12. The Big Lebowski

The ultimate stoner movie you don't have to be stoned to enjoy. Can't praise this movie enough.

13. No Country For Old Men

The greatest "shit happens" movie ever. Creepy, tense, exciting... Tommy Lee Jones is just fantastic in this, in fact everyone is.

14. Ferris Beullers Day Off

If you were a kid in the 80's and didn't want to be Ferris Beuller you were probably braindead. As with many John Hughes movies of the time it was funny, touching and very relatable even if you were nothing like Ferris. Captures the spirit of the decade perfectly.

15. Jackie Brown

Not the most obvious QT flick, but the most subtle and interesting of his works IMO. Stellar performances from all involved and, as usual, an amazing soundtrack.

16. Silent Running

I cry every time. :cry 

17. The Muppets Christmas Carol

Fuck you. This movie is fucking amazing.

18. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Kubricks best. Those saying "the Shining" are WRONG.

19. Planet of the Apes

Political commentary featuring damned dirty apes. Awesome.

20. Batman

YEAH THE TIM BURTON ONE. Fuck Christopher Nolan.

10. McBradders

Cry more or lighten up, your choice hombre.

This thread is about being an arbiter of exquisite taste, not apologising for liking trash. Showing the courage of your convictions, one might say. Put up or kindly shut up.

;) 

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My current top 20 movies, in no order whatsoever. I couldn't give a shit who agrees with it or not.
    HELLRAISER - Redefined the horror genre in the 80s. For once, it was YOU that caused the monsters to come to you.
    WHERE EAGLES DARE - McLean's finest book, turned into a damn near flawless movie. Richard Burton & Clint Eastwood at their finest.
    FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF - This movie was like a handbook to me when I was at school. Anyone who says they wouldn't want Ferris Bueller's life is a fucking liar.
    GLADIATOR - Stunning from start to finish. Brutal, bloody, moving and amazing.
    ALIEN - Take the "haunted house" movie genre, put it in a spaceship, and ramp up the atmosphere to 11. Perfect.
    THE FOG - The first movie to truly scare me as a child. A classic ghost story movie, and to my mind never beaten in the genre since.
    THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - The bad guys WIN. Unheard of in cinema at that time, and never done better since. Irving Kirschner's superb direction, coupled with masterful set pieces, make this one of the greatest movies ever made.
    HEAT - The perfect crime movie, featuring the first on screen meeting of DeNiro and Pacino. I honestly can't fault it.
    THE BREAKFAST CLUB - this movie should hit a note with anyone who has ever sat in a school and felt that they didn't belong. Or that they did. That childhood sense of "you don't understand me" has NEVER been put better.
    30 DAYS OF NIGHT - After so many Godawful fucking "romanticised" vampire movies, finally a return to something a lot nastier. Utterly irredeemable monsters descend on a town and destroy it.
    EVENT HORIZON - Take Hellraiser. Set it on a ship. Add a great cast and some superb effects. Absolutely a shoe-in for my list.
    WATCHMEN - Yeah yeah, I know. "It's too long. It's too gory. There's too much talking. Whine, whine, whine" Shut the fuck up. I wanted to see the graphic novel on the screen, and I got EXACTLY what I wanted. Beautifully shot, spendidly cast, and everything I'd hoped for in a Watchmen adaptation.
    HIGH SOCIETY - Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, AND Louis Armstrong? Perfect.
    THE MEDUSA TOUCH - Richard Burton gives a thoroughly chilling performance in a taut thriller about a man who can cause distasters just by thinking about them. Brilliant.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2 - If you don't like this movie, and recognise its greatness, I have no time for you. NONE.
    THE DEVIL RIDES OUT - Christopher Lee versus Charles Gray in a battle for one woman's very soul. Hammer Films' absolute masterpiece IMO.
    ZOOLANDER - Ben Stiller at his most absurd as a supermodel with the IQ of a particularly stupid peanut. Perfectly aided and abetted by Owen Wilson. Fucking hysterically funny stuff, and always brings a smile to my face.
    POLTERGEIST - The perfect combination of chills, fantasy, emotion and comedy, with a soundtrack that matches it beat for beat. I shudder to think what awfulness the remake will crap out.
    PSYCHO - the quintessential horror movie, in my opinion. Stunningly shot and unfeasibly creepily acted.
    THE THING - Who the fuck ARE you? Are you even who you THINK you are? And how would I even know if you WEREN'T who you think you are, if you could act like you would act if you WERE you ANYWAY? Brilliantly paranoid, and just all round cool as hell. Also contains the best pay-off line ever from Kurt Russel.

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming this is a "Top 20 Favorites" & not a "Top 20 Best Films" so here I go(Like Twist said in no particular order):
    1.Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back-Aguably one of the best movie sequal of all time, took everything I loved about A New Hope & made it better.

2.Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope-A great introduction to one of the most beloved sci-fi trilogies.

3.Spaceballs-A hilarious parody(unlike those "Movie" movies) of space sci-fi movies that has me laughing all the way.

4.The Dark Knight-A great film that shows movies based on comics can be taken seriously, a great story & excellent performances all around.

5.Watchmen-Same as Dark Knight.

6.Toy Story-Pixar's first film as well as the first fully CGI film to be made. An interesting concept with funny characters and makes you think about what if your toys were alive.

7.The Transformers: The Move(1986)-Yeah it's a toy commercial, and you could say I'm biased as a fan but I find it a fun film to watch & has taken some interesting concepts from other movies of the time.

8.Back To the Future-My favorite movie about time travel, Marty is a character most people can relate to & Christopher Loyd is awesome as Doc Brown.

9.Terminator 2-As well as doing the same as what Empire did for me, it had some great effects, great action & is a movie with the Governator that most can agree on they like.

10.Ace Ventura: Pet Detective-Essentially a mindless comedy, it showcases why I love Jim Carrey & his zaniness so much.

11.Spider Man-saw this in a private showing on my birthday & while I would have wanted Spidey to wisecrack more, it was a good adaptation & brought back comic book movies.

12.Spider Man 2-Just like T2 & ESB, took what I liked about the first & improved on it(& the inclusion of my favorite Spidey villian didn't hurt either).

13.Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade-My favorite installemnt in the series, it has a fun treasure hunt topped off with Sean Connery as Indy's dad.

14.Angels & Demons-A fun mystery movie with a great performance by Tom Hanks.

15.Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn-A great follow up to the episode "Space Seed" with great performances & the death of a beloved character(& of course that infamous line).

16.Aladin:My favorite of Disney's animated movies, it takesone of the Arabian Nights & puts it's own spin on it.

17.Batman(1989)-Loved Nicholson as the Joker, his performance really made this movie shine for me.

18.Evil Dead 2-Not a big fan of Horror films, but I am of slapstick. That plus the epicness of Bruce Campbell makes me love it.

19.Transformers (2007)-While it does have it's faults, it is a fun film that is a good start to a film series(though the 2nd one didn't live up to expectations).

20.Metal Gear Solid: Philantorpy-A non-profit fan made movie based on MGS, this is what I want out of Hollywood for Video Game Adaptations(though I know I won't get it). I strongly encourage checking it out if you like MGS.

13. McBradders

So far I'm counting one "clunker" per list, which is amazing going... the best thing being I can say I haven't actually seen any of said "clunkers" which puts me in a highly dubious position anyway!

5/5 so far!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  14. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'm a huge Spielberg fan, so my list may seem a bit predictable. These movies are too good I can't place them in any specific order. I just can't do it.

1. Jurassic Park
    My all time favorite movie. I was born on the exact day it came out in theaters, June 11th 1993. When I found this out I almost fainted :lol 
    2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Why is it that when we come into contact with aliens they're hostile towards us or vice-versa? This is one of those movies where it perfects the idea of a peaceful connection between mankind and, well, whatever they are.
    3. Jaws
    Instant classic and another example of Spielberg's talent.
    4. Psycho
    I recently watched this movie in my History of Film class, and I loved it. It's an execellent thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hitchcock at his best.
    5. Poltergiest
    One of my favorite horror movies.
    6. Sean of the Dead
    :lolol 
    7. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
    I fucking love this movie. This and my dad got my into Star Trek.
    8. The Thing
    John Carpenter thank you for making me shit my pants with your creepy-as-hell effects and alien parasites.
    9. Alien
    Looooooooooooved it! :D 
    10. Aliens
    Also looooooooooooooved it! :D 
    11. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Fuck the critics, no wonderous moments my ass. I love how in Siskel&Ebert this was their main reason why they didn't like the movie, and when they preceded to show a clip backing up their argument they cut like a whole 20 seconds out of it. They're fucking dinosaurs, they're not gonna welcome you with a hug and a kisss, they're gonna see you as a food source or competition for a food source. Nothing more, nothing else.
    12. The Empire Strikes Back
    Starwars, nuff said.
    13. Return of the Jedi
    Same.
    14. Star Trek (2009 Reboot)
    Watch it, love it, embrace it.
    15. Peewee's Big Adventure
    :lol  I'm serious...
    16. The Terminal
    Tom Hanks is one of my top five favorite actors.
    17. Cast Away
    Same.
    18. Cloverfield
    More than lived up to the hype. Aah, I miss those days where my ass was glued to a chair, a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew on my desk, and I would nerdgasm at the littlest bit of news that would leak out about this movie.
    19. Saving Private Ryan
    Steven Spielberg is my idol.
    20. ?

Shit, I ran out of movies.

15. McBradders

My mind, it is blown!

16. Tyrannosaur

Thanks lol

Wait, thats a good thing, yes? No? Maybe so?

I just realized the ton of spelling errors I made. Back in a sec ;) 

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Keep in mind I don't watch too many movies...

Star Trek (2009)
    I love everything about this movie. The direction, the fanwank, the action scenes, the acting, the sets, everything. Especially the lack of sound during space scenes. It may not be the most subtle movie ever, but it's certainly enjoyable, without dumbing down to its audience.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn

This movie gave me chills. Ricardo Montleban delivers a powerhouse performance as Kahn, Shatner delivers the best Kirk performance so far that I've seen, the dialogue is great (I've done far more than kill you...I've hurt you.) and the pacing is perfect. Even the redshirt captain was a great actor, and I was able to bond with the character in record time. It may not have the best special effects, but it keeps the special effects of storytelling and acting, which is essential in a summer blockbuster.

The Dark Knight

Really? I need reasons for this one? There's the acting, there's the directing, there's the score, there's the complex story, it just brings Batman to a whole new level. It's really hard to explain specifically why I love this movie, it's just an incredible movie.

The Matrix Reloaded

The reasons I love this movie are the fight between Neo and the Smiths and the final scene with Neo and the Architect. The fight is well choreographed, and the Architect scene is interesting to discuss and analyze. The other parts of the movie are ok. But those two parts make up for it.

Batman Begins

Same reasons that I love The Dark Knight. Acting, score, scope, directing, story, it's the perfect origin movie. It doesn't take too long to get the hero in the suit and battling villains.

Spider-Man 2

The main reason I love this movie is Alfred Molina's performance as Doc Ock, and to a lesser extent, the re-imagining of the character. I think it's my favorite version of the character ever. Not only a sympathetic villain, he's an interesting character in his own right. I honestly think that movie should've been about him.

The Muppets Christmas Carol

God, I love this movie without shame. I think that's the best Scrooge I've seen, the Muppets blend in perfectly, and they don't detract from any of the spirit's message. Not only that, they added a missing element of humor, which was present in most of Dickens' tales at the time. Plus, the songs in that movie had me humming their tune all Christmas long. :D 

Signs

I really like the take on a full-scale invasion, but on a small set, focusing on a single family. The themes are deep, but not too deep. The child actors are passable, which is a nice change. Plus, I like how you can only see the full alien clearly for a quick scene. Not only that, Shyamalan's direction is fresh without being inaccessibly artsy. It's just a throughly enjoyable film.

Toy Story

This is one of Pixar's masterpieces. The characters are likable, the jokes are good without dumbing down to the audience intended, and the animation is up to Pixar's usual standard.

Up

After Wall-E, I was worried that Up wouldn't deliver on what it promised in the trailers. It didn't. It delivered more than it promised. The story had that time limit that I hate so much, but it didn't matter. The story was perfectly crafted. It didn't stretch my suspension of disbelief so far that I couldn't enjoy the movie, and the villain died! A first in a Pixar film with all humans. Definitely a perfect example of western animation gone right.

Batman VS Dracula

A serious contender for the best animated Batman movie. It was dark, gothic, had a credible vampire villain, the fight scenes were good, it had the classic Batman method of studying the disease while pushing away Vicky in order to stop the darkness enveloping Gotham City. It's a seriously good animated Batman flick.

Star Wars IV: A New Hope

I can't believe this concept worked. But thank God, it did. It's a great movie for its time. The actors aren't too hammy, and James Earl Jones is amazing as Darth Vader. My only complaint is that I really can't think of much more to say than that offhand. But it's still an enjoyable film, you don't even have to turn your brain off for it.

Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back

Now here's a space opera movie that all others should learn from. It's deep, the villain is three-dimensional and cool, the sets are detailed and slick, the acting is proportional to the story, and it has an amazing opening sequence, and it caps off all that awesomeness with a killer twist ending and cliffhanger.

Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi

And here's the cherry on top of this enjoyable franchise. A perfect finale to the series. All the loose ends are wrapped up, and even though the climax is a tad rehashed, it still remains fresh enough to be entertaining. The effects have stepped up a notch, and the finale between Luke and Vader is exactly what the movies had been leading up to.

A Christmas Story

This is a great christmas movie. It's hilarious, and relatable. When you were a kid, that one toy was all you could think about, while dealing with parents, bullies, and schoolwork. It could've been taken directly from the screenwriters' childhood, and nobody would've doubted it. Not only that, it's one of the few Christmas movies without an obnoxious message at the end. That alone may have rocketed it to victory.

Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy

This is a comedy classic, and despite it aging (and the xenophobia), it still holds up as a great comedy movie. Both of the main characters are likable and funny, and the villains are a little cool. But the comedy routines that Abbot and Costello are famous for is what makes this movie great.

Iron Man (2008)

I think this is my second favorite origin movie. It also doesn't take too long to get the hero in the suit, but that's because it was a fast paced comic book to begin with. Tony Stark was a superhero very quick, and it translates well to movie form. The fight scenes are great, Robert Downey Jr. is believable as Stark because of his own problems with alcohol, and he's a great actor to boot. Not only that, the CGI isn't out of place during fight scenes, and the Iron Man armor is just plain cool.

Spider-Man

Even though Spider-Man 2 is my favorite movie in the trilogy, number one holds up, in my opinion. It's not the fastest origin story, but there's a lot to show, because of the fact that the directors have to set up MJ and Harry, and Peter has to discover his powers, unlike Iron Man and Batman, where there are no powers involved. Power discovery is always an occupational hazard when it comes to origin movies, but Spider-Man makes it entertaining to watch nevertheless, displaying that sense of wonderment as Peter slowly discovers that he has been given great responsibility. The death of Uncle Ben and the showdown with the robber is done perfectly, and Rami's experience in horror gives him some nice material to use in this movie.

Ghostbusters

Definitely a good movie. The characters are bumbling enough to be hilarious as the movie starts, but once they become the Ghostbusters, they evolve into cool movie heroes, while still being funny. The effects might not be stellar, but like I said before, the special effects of storytelling and acting take over here. Plus, the Big Bad at the end is hilarious, when I first saw it, I had no idea that was coming. Plus; "ZUHL MOTHERFRAKKER, ZUHL!" :lol 

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Hilarious. Freaking hilarious. Even when the movie is delivering its Aseop at the end with the junkie and Cameron, or when Ferris is lamenting about how he and Cameron will go their separate ways, it still manages to be a little funny. Everyone wishes they could be this kid, to get away with so much, and to be so popular. But the movie subtly hints that Ferris' luck may run out one day, so the audience isn't particularly sad about not being Ferris.

(God, that took forever to type)

18. McBradders

You've surprised me, and no doubt a few others with that list.

19. Tyrannosaur

Wait, that is also good, yes? :lol 

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Ah yes. Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Breakfast Club are great as well.

I'd also like to toss in The Sixth Sense for anyone who might've forgotten.