Pushing Daisies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone else been watching 'Pushing Daisies?' For me, it's the best new show on TV this year. No huge conspiracies, a little weirdness, some great dialogue, interesting characters, and Jim Dale's narration baked together make for a really good slice of TV pie. If you're not watching, give it a try. I'll catch you up on anything else you need to know.

-Tony!

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I saw the first two episodes, but the narration tends to get quite annoying for me. Its a decent show though.

3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I agree. Best new show of this TV season. I was so happy ABC gave it a full season pick up.

4. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    yea i saw the first 2 episodes too.. it's got an interesting concept....

I'm a fan of Jim Dale (the narrarator)... but yea.. it got sorta annoying.. I don't think it was him though.. i think it's what they're having him say..

it was cute in the first episode.. but the second episode it got kinda annoying..

examples.. like ... the "darling mermaid darlings" or.. the "boutique travel boutique.".

5. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Didn't see the first two eps, but have seen the ones after. I think I love the show. The narration is fun for me, just a very different storytelling style in TV than most are used to. It's kind of like The Office where characters look at the camera often. Gives it a different flavor. The detective guy consistently makes me laugh, as does the blonde's conniving.

And I think "Chuck" is hot!

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chuck is hot...but in an ordinary way. And at first Olive was set up to be the villain of the 4, but now I'm kinda rootin' for her.

And having the same guy from 'Let's Go To Prison' as the detective had me wondering for days where I'd seen him before. I guess he was on Boston Public, too, but I just remember him as the guy who was going to 'woo you.'

-Tony!

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I adore Chuck. I want a soundbyte of her definition of hugs. :) 

And yes, Chi McBride is awesome. I've loved him in everything I've seen him in. He's a great actor.

8. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Saw the first episode and quit after that. It just grated my nerves way too quickly.