Pushing Daisies canceled...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Omegatron, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...and it's your fault. The best new-ish drama on TV is going to die after just 21 episodes. Entirely not fair to the pie man and crew, especially when things have started to get interesting. If you do watch, hopefully a letter to ABC will stop this travesty.

Why save it? How's about Chi McBride's character, having been invited to a magic show, calmly patting his pockets, and asking, "Now where is that rat's ass I was going to give?" Funny stuff. Quirky narration by Jim Dale, Kristin Chenowerth, the Mermaid sisters...lots of stuff that'll be missed.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I gave it a shot. Couldn't dig it. Tried way too hard, shit felt forced and irritated me.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not my fault, I kept telling people that this was far and beyond the best show on TV. Brilliant use of color, cinematography, witty scripts, and top notch acting.

If Sarah Connor Chronicles gets cancelled I see little reason to watch TV anymore. Studio 60, Pushing Daisies, it seems shows not aimed at the lowest common denomenator and instead rewards audiences for being intelligent and interesting don't have a chance, though it's clear the writers strike also played a key role in the latters demise.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just read about it. Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money is also being canceled. Some are blaming the writer's strike that happened earlier this year.

But the only show I watch on the networks is "Desperate Housewives". I've had people laughed at me when I told them I watch that show. Anyway, I used to have a friend and his wife got me watching it several years ago.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Pretty much this.

It just seemed like another case of "Oh look how clever we are" Tv.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Don't care cos it means were getting a better writter back for Heroes.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

This too.

An interesting concept with a great cast, but the narration drove me away.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

This is what killed it for me. I hate when shows do that.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife is mourning the lost....

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I loved the first season, but I honestly just couldn't get back into it this year. The narrator especially started getting really old and, frankly, a little annoying.

It didn't help that the show was on opposite Bones, which is one of my perennial favorites.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I loved the show during the first season. The cinematography and rich colors were a joy to watch. The narrator during the first season was much better. I agree that during this season it was missing "something". I'll just remember the first season and forget the second.

12. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

There are some people who just don't deserve a television...

Well, Fuller did say that he would try every avenue to keep the show going. While none of the nets will be likely to touch the show, there is some small hope for Showtime or HBO.

13. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I've been watching it from the start. Loved it and Eli Stone. I'll never understand why people continue to watch the garbage that is reality TV but run away scared from scripted television. It's bad enough here in Canada because CTV has to make a Canadian version of every freaken reality show there is so there's a reality show to air when the US version are done.

Only reason Eli Stone got axed was because those idiots at ABC put the show on at 10pm. That show wasn't aimed at the late night crowd. It should have been given it's old time slot.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will miss Eli Stone. Great show. Yeah it was given a horrible time slot. Sad when good shows like that get the axe but mindless crap like Dancing with the Stars and stuff stays on.

Friday at 7 Central would be a good time for Eli Stone. That or on Wed.

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

:cry 

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Bummer. I quite enjoyed the first series, even if ITV pulled that crap of dropping an episode to fit the run into a schedule before the football crap started and then eventually sticking the 'lost' episode online like it was some special extra gift when people complained.
    It reminded me somewhat of Amelie.
    Anyways, I guess it's one less thing for me to have to watch after it finishes, so that's something. I watch enough stuff already.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this show a lot and have watched every episode. I just randomly saw it on last year and it really grabbed me.

However...I too feel the newer episodes haven't been as captivating, but I didn't wanna see it go. Too bad :( 

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  18. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

If this season had a flaw (and I'm not completely concedeing that point) I think it was in separating their characters at the beginning (Olive going to the nunnery, Chuck moving out). Admittedly it only lasted 3 episodes, but it didn't work out that well.

I do think the show "Bad Habits" was one of the best they've done.

19. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

that show was more chatty than gilmore girls, basically talking itself to television death.

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think Fuller should film the final episode first from now on. Just in case his shows get canceled, he can still whip out a backup "final" episode to close out the series.

If he gets the statistically-impossible chance to actually finish his shows, then this "backup" last episode can be a neat extra on DVD...