Purple Animated Shockwave Loose Neck Fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraPrimal, Apr 22, 2009.

1. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    I know this is a common problem, but I just got the Target exclusive Shockwave. And like seemingly everyone else, mine has a loose neck that just wants to fall down. I've heard there's a fix for it. I've tried searching the forums, but no luck. Can anyone direct me to it?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check the feedback section for the figure, GogDog posted a fix for it.

3. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    I've tried that. It's the pin with the big flat head at the base of his neck right? I don't have the proper screwdriver to unscrew his back, so I just had try squeezing it as is. It wouldn't go in at all.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, thats hould be the right one. it didn't work for me either & I tried hammering the thing in. Maybe you can get Gog to take some pics.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

This might seem really silly, but have you been pushing the head back to create the Longarm face correctly? Mine was ridiculously loose, but I wasn't pushing the head back far enough (so its flush with the chest and back) the way it was supposed to be when going into Longarm/Tank/Crane mode. Once I did that, it seems to be fixed/more stable than before.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't push the pin in without removing the entire neck from the body. You can get a philips screwdriver at any dollar store if you don't have one. Remove 3 of the four screws and take the last one about half way, it will come apart enough to take the neck out, but stay together to keep the springs in. I heated the neck up with a blow drier for a minute because I find plastic is more cooperative when it is warm. Then you can either push it in with pliers or use a pin punch and hammer to put it in.