Purchasing from Hasbrotoyshop.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Monkey-King, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Monkey-King

Monkey-King Lord of Monkeys

I am wondering if anyone has actually ordered anything from the hasbrotoyshop.com before. The reason I ask is because when I add stuff to the cart, it says that they will start shipping on or about 09/18/08, and I want to know if this is a tentative ship date and that means that they will ship no later than that date, or if I'm going to have to wait until September to get my Animated Jazz if I order from them.

So anyone who has ordered from there, please let me know how strict that date of theirs is.

2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i too wish to know this.
    has anybody ordered any figures and received them yet because they all say that they are in stock...

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    That date is definitely not written in stone or blood or anything that suggests permanency. HTS changes that date at their will. (I'm not saying that they definitely won't ship on 9/18, but HTS saying that is their planned ship date doesn't really mean anything other than an estimate.) You'll assuredly get them though at some point!

4. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for the wave 1 shipment that I ordered a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Not sure what I'll do once I receive them, since I bought them all in store. (Couldn't cancel the online order in time.)

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbrotoyshop is a great place to shop and get great deals. However, their preorder system sucks balls. The dates are rarely right and they often ship way after them, assuming they don't cancel your order on accident. You should not preorder for something that you are desperate to get or want really bad. Alot of people get pissed because they see this stuff in stores way before HTS gets them. If your looking for jazz your better of waiting for target to restock after their sale or go to a walmart who is restocking animated this week (at least in my area)

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only reason I'd actually ever preorder or order something from HTS is if it's on sale or if I have a good coupon. Or I guess if I'm trying to get a SDCC exclusive. But yeah, you're most likely better off waiting for them to come to retail rather than getting them from HTS, unless you have the aforementioned coupon.

7. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i ordered from hasbro on three occasions, the first was swift, just a few days. the second i ordered 12 days ago and got it in the mail this morning (yaaaaahhh!!!!, the wait was long), and im still waiting on a animated order (which shows as having been shipped)

the reason the last two orders took and are taking so long is because of the recent site overhaul they did. they picked the worst time ever to do that seeing as how transformers is one of the biggest things contributing to the revenues of hasbro...

8. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what series animated figures did you order?
    just wondering to see the date of supposed release - might make a huge difference

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I've rarely heard any positives to using HTS as a resource.

• Slow shipping.
    • Unconfirmed dates.
    • Unreliable to the point that you'll see them on shelves long before you'll ever see them even say your order is available.

Oh sure, the discounts are nice, even the free shipping (from time to time) is nice, but you're saving nothing in the long run. While everyone else is enjoying their new figures, you're sitting there pawing at the screen when for about $2-4.00 more you could have them and the most you've spent is a little time and gas. You're gonna spend that much if you have to drive to the Post Office to pick them up.

BBTS, Digital-Toys and the like? Sure. They're quite good for preorders, and yeah, you'll pay more than retail, but you'll also get the stuff, guaranteed.

To me, for my peace of mind, the extra dough is worth it. Discounts rarely ever add up to anything good, except on eBay when paying with PayPal because there are discount coupons that either save 10-20% on your purchase, or $10.00 off of shipping, that can be used during checkout.

Screw HTS, screw 'em in the ass!

10. Rhask

Rhask Member

You can back door HTS by ordering through amazon (they are listed on there). Plus you can choose your shipping method. Tends to be a few bucks more expensive though.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

The problem with that is Amazon isn't the one selling the item. It's usually a 3rd party using one of their storefronts (like sellers do on eBay) and while Amazon will protect you to a certain extent, it's still like taking a gamble on eBay and hoping that PayPal will assist you.

Now, once Amazon itself starts selling the items (and you'll be able to tell in the listing whether it's Amazon or a 3rd party) then you'll get 'em at retail plus shipping. Can't preorder from Amazon itself (I don't believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong?) but their service is top notch and I consider them the big box version of BBTS.

1. Fast.
    2. Reliable.
    3. Excellent customer service.

Everything that BBTS is, minus the exorbitant amounts charged per figure. Yowza.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything I have order from HTS has arrived to my door within the week so I am very happy with HTS and will do business with again. However the Animated figures I ordered have not shipped yet and I don't know when but I got free shipping PLUS 20% off so it was more than worth it to me to wait it out. The figures are cheaper then at the store plus I don't have to waste gas running store to store finding that missing figure.

13. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Heres to Hopeing my Universe Classics will ship soon...:( 

14. Monkey-King

Monkey-King Lord of Monkeys

Well, Some people say it's fine and some people say it's not. So, I think I will just take one for the team, and order my stuff. I'll let everyone know how long it takes.

15. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the sake of your sanity, take their shipping date as the absolute earliest that your stuff will ship. For the Animated stuff, I ordered back in April when the estimated ship date was 6/23. My stuff shipped this past Thursday (6/26) and everything arrived on 6/30. So, on the plus side, things took less time to be delivered than I expected, but on the minus side, they missed their ship date by a few days.

16. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've been slow lately...
    They said my order "shipped" on Wednesday. On Monday it said they just sent it out, and now it says order accepted (passing mail inspection), and now it's on its way....

17. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one word ..... DON'T!

18. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Two words: TOO LATE!

19. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just received my first order today. Despite what others have said about the quality of the shipping method, the toys seem to be be in very good shape. The packaging was very well taken care of. Now... what to do with 5 extras. =\

20. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ordered a lot, about 50% of the packaging comes smashed