Purchase Anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is something that's been in the back of my mind for a while & I wanted to try airing it out...

Does anyone else worry when they buy stuff online?

I don't mean just price-wise; i'm usually pretty good at managing finances.

The feeling I keep getting is that every time I try to to something nice for myself, something bad happens soon after. it's getting to where I don't feel like I want to enjoy anything out of fear of potential karmic backlash.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Depends on where I shop online. I've had the same thing for years. It feels horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I asked myself on why do I feel this way? Why does it feel like I'm being controlled and being denied of enjoying the things i like and like to do? I'm a good person. Karma should be on my side.

I hope you overcome this purchase anxiety. It is a real bitch.

3. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom cares not

Since I don't believe in Karma I'm immune to this fear. Sounds like the issue here is in giving credence to that belief quite honestly.

I've seen enough horrible people thrive and good people suffer to convince me Karma is bs.

I'm not trying to be rude. Just trying to call it like I see it. Plus there is freedom in truth, supposedly.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I had it when i made my first few purchases online, got over it quick though. I stick with Etailers I have used before and trust and if i am trying a new one i go with a small purchase first to test them. Much less nerve wracking to risk say $20 than to buy a $200 item from an Etailer one has never used before.

5. Goltron

Goltron TFW2005 Supporter

I think an easy way of counteracting that would be only shopping online through sites that offer protective services to their customers- like Amazon and Ebay. I buy 90% of my stuff from those sites (the other 10% from BBTS), and I've never had a problem.

And if I ever do: I can use their services to shove my foot up the seller's behind, and fix the issue.

I don't do deals on forums, or any social media websites like Facebook, or any place like that- because those places don't provide you the means to protect yourself from being scammed. If you get f---ed there: You're f--ed. That's it. Nothing you can do.

Stick to Ebay, Amazon, and online shops like BBTS- you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Sweetness Alive TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this anxiety purely from your belief in Karma? If so I would imagine that topic breaks Rule 3.
    Bad things happening are just a part of life. You can either think it's because you did something wrong or you can get over it and go on with your life. That doesn't make you a bad person either.

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have this. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this neat shirt or not. I get too worried that I might need that money later. Especially after I just dropped money on two video games.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    set your budget, play within it, beyond that, its just money and if you get something you dont enjoy, meh.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Never

• Like Like x 1
  10. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I know how you feel.

That's why you should at least give something back so you only get good karmic vibes.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't worry when I buy stuff on line because when I purchase items from the Internet, afterwards, I pick it same day, inspect the item, and walk out of the door.

I think if you take the extra steps, what I do, than you won't have any regrets.

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I worry about karmic backlash as much as I worry about caramel whiplash, which is the whiplash you get when you eat a reallllllllyyyyyy good caramel. So not at all. While it mostly applies to statistics, correlation does not imply causation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

The only real anxiety I get is when I purchase something fairly expensive online, like travel arrangements. Years ago, I booked an Alaskan cruise for my wife and me and I was worried that something would go wrong.

For anything else, I really don't make large purchases online unless I have buyer's protection like from eBay or Amazon where if something goes awry, I'm practically guaranteed to get a full refund. Besides the aforementioned, the most expensive thing I bought online was the pre-order for MP Megatron, and that was purchased from a well-established Company.

14. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom cares not

But if a butterfly flaps it's wings in Texas shit will happen. Or something.