Punch-Counterpunch vs Doubledealer,who is the best undercover?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jul 13, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,who do you think is the best serve as undercover in Transformers G1 cartoon or comics ?

If the police force ,FBI or CIA or triad want want to hire undercover or mole to solve the cases like get rid of terrorist ,who they shall hire ,Punch-Counterpunch or Doubledealer?

Do you think Punch Counterpunch more sucessful in spy or undercover mission than Doubledealer?

Thanks.

2. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

I would think so, since he hasn't blown his cover yet. However Animated Shockwave was good as well, if he wasn't stupid enough to reveal himself just to rub it in.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Flipsides.

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Doubledealer was more of a "double-cross" figure - he's on your side and then BAM he turns on you, and you're left going "D'aww, Doubledealer is mean!".

With Punch/Counterpunch, you're hanging with one, turn around, and you have the other, who shoots you ... and you're left going, "D.awww, Punch/Counterpunch's twin brother, Punch/Counterpunch, got me!" ... only to have the opposite figure come back and be like "zomg, are you okay?"

So I'd say Punch/Counterpunch ... he's a backstabber with an alias, while Doubledealer is just a dick.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I sort of agree with this. I always saw Doubledealer as more of a mercenary type, while Punch is the real deep cover type.

Of course, the whole idea is a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't it just make more sense not to have an alternate body at all... rather than risk the Decepticons making the link between Counterpunch, and that guy with the same alt-mode, same colours and similar name?

Unless "Punch" is only on record as being some kind of Autobot data clerk/desk-jockey who is hardly ever seen, and never makes appearances on the front line, and he spends most of his time in Counterpunch mode.

zmog

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Rosanna.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I have the same opinion, I think that was Doubledealer's thing in his old commercial, but I don't remember it too well. I'm guessing Punch wouldn't be out much too, less exposure that way. Would be interesting if they could put out a TF Spotlight comic for him :) 

8. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Based on Punch/Counterpunch's performance in his sole cartoon appearance...I think Grimlock's a better undercover.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sideways or Animated Shockwave/Longarm Prime.

I haven't watch much of the Takara G1.

10. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Both are pretty stupid ideas and I hated them both. I'm with Autovolt: Sideways or TFA Shockwave/Longarm Prime is far far superior to both.

And that's any and all versions of P/CP and DD. They're just comedically dumb concepts.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    double dealer is better.

P/CP is nuerotic and has black outs...who the fuck wants that on your team? seriously?

Double dealer has everyone clueless about the other persona going on ....Smooth doubl agent...yes dick but smooth as a counter intelligence operative