Heavy/Scratch: Punch/Counter Punch early WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shadeozero, Sep 24, 2012.

1. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys Shade here and showing an early WIP of my PCP that started out as a generations red alert with some mods. I didn't buy the TFCC one because I didn't like the head,hands, and didn't like the blue so I figured I might as well do it myself. Just a quick apology as I need a better camera as I am borrowing my brothers at the moment and I need a nice lightbox(will be getting both soon).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

List of mods:
    -Head is from Calloway on Shapeways it is the Mk.2 version I love it so much better and close to the g1 art.
    -The hands I am gonna get some articulated 1/144 hands and use those, only downside is that he will be a parts former thanks to his hands but they will be pop off and pop in style via ball joint(working on scratchbuilt articulated hands that might not need to be switched),the hands will still be able to stay on in vehicle mode hidden.
    - repainted entire figure in a Tamiya blue (forget which one), with Testors yellow,btw any tips on how to get the yellow testors paint to come out smooth when dry because keeps coming out thick.(still not done touch ups and detail work)
    -replaced almost all the pins and some screws because they were too loose
    -Custom Gun

Let me know what you think and any tips / advice would be most grateful.

Attached Files:

2. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Help with the paint getting it to be smooth would be wonderful its Testors Yellow glass, think might be an enamel.

3. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I'd thin out the paint with some Future Floor Polish. Thins it out and, since it's meant for floors, automatically lays out flat to reduce brush strokes.

At least, that's what I've heard...

4. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Just some advice on the custom articulated hands if you don't mind: Use a thumb on a swivel joint about midway in the hand. For one, you open the hand, flip the thumb up, then close the hand or whatever, and when you flip him around, do the opposite (flip the thumb down). It's pretty easy on larger hands, but on smaller, it could be difficult. But, I think you should have no problem if you play and learn.

And, yeah, you might want to look into the Future Finish floor wax. I swear by the stuff. Thins the paint down considerably. Although if you have thick grit paint (metallic red, I'm looking at you), it won't help completely. But, if you're resourceful, you can find ways to make it look even better. Good job. I know how much of a pain in the ass yellow is to paint, and what you've done looks surprisingly good there. Keep it up man. Just learn as you go, and never get discouraged.

5. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Yea ATM I switched over to various sprays cans now for the yellow so it comes out smooth now and the Tamiya yellow....waiting for it to dry but doesnt look like its gonna be a winner. Gonna try MR.hobby (gundam color) have use them in the past before and it was pretty awsome I loved it my favourite sprays from them are the charaznable colors so far, so I hope the yellow is as good.

Can anyone else reccomend a spray brand that is close in color and comes out smooth guaranteed (used it before) to the yellow I need just look at the g1 art.

For the hands I was thinking of using poseable 1/144 gundam hands but relocate the thumb ball joint in the middle in the aligntment it was in b4 that way if I turn it around I just move the thumb around.