pulling auctions before end time

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by frenzyrumble, Aug 13, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm semi-new to ebay. is it a rule violation for a seller to pull their auction down before the end date?

reason I ask is some dude in the UK pulled 3 auctions which I was in the winning for. The items were quite low, and I was quite excited to get such a great deal...however 20 or so hours before the end time, all 3 were "closed due to lost or broken item"

I think it's a bunch of BS, my guess is the seller realized he wasn't going to get anywhere near what he was hoping, and closed the auction early.

If this is the case, ebay sucks. With that type of mentality, I would theoretically be able to list many things and if I see a loss in profit/money - close them early?

I searched ebay about this, there's info about reporting the seller for suspicious activity, yet at the same time, it's noted that this is a legit action any seller may take.

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    This happens quite a lot, unless the seller does it on a regular basis, there's not much you can do. You could report it to ebay, but the seller will just claim the item got broken, the most ebay will do is send you a generic email thanking you for reporting 'suspicious activity'.

As most auctions only really take off in the last few minutes, it's usually a pretty stupid thing to do on the sellers' part. Sometimes a seller will accept an offer and end an item early, this really annoys me if it's not a BIN or Best Offer, it's not playing fair.

Incidentally, congrats on your P/CP auction, really sweet custom, I was watching it, but didn't have the cash it went for.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah. ebay is shady like that...so many loop holes people take advantage of.

I learned about the feedback system the hard way, and quickly...

1st negative feedback I got was from schmuck in vegas who told me 2 months after I paid via Paypal that the TFs were shipped...never received them, asked for tracking number, seller ignored me. out of rage I gave them negative feedback, only for them to retaliate w/ hate email and a return of neg. feedback. After the feedback was settled, they refused to mutually remove it, and also told me they never sent the TFs...

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    That sucks man, I feel your pain, I've got three negs for selling, none of which were justified. They're >1% of my selling feedback, but are still annoying.

If you ever have any problems on ebay again (fingers crossed you don't), post here for advice, there are always folk willing to help/offer advice.

EDIT: I hope the above doesn't come off as patronising, I'm pretty drunk by now, and usually my drunken posts get me in trouble! Last time I got called 'an elitist dick'!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had this happen to me!bidding on a magnus/skywarp classics 2 pack and about 2 hours before winning the seller just removed it. it is very shady but what figs are you after?sure we can help you out!

6. defstar

defstar Autobot...

You sir are correct...ebay is both good and bad...this was part of the bad...