Public Service Message: Beware the USPS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Budokhan, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey Gang!

Boy I am I fumed! Just did a trade with Satomiblood yesterday ( a custom Sideswipe head for a Classics seeker leg ) & poor Satomi got this thru the mail today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, I can tell ya for a fact, The head didnt leave my house this way & the good Mr. Satomiblood wouldnt do this so who does that leave?

THE USPS!!! I mean c'mon! You guys at the USPS had to have seen the damn "FRAGILE" sticker on the box, right? So does that mean that you do the opposite of what it says?? "Hey., it says FRAGILE...lets kick the crap out of it!! "

I feel really really bad that this happened, I so hoped he would be able to do something cool with the head. I mean, I had so few left of the originals & literally the LAST one that was even half decent got demolished by heavy-handed boneheads!

For Frak's sake, it looks like a stinkin Sharkticon mauled it or worse still, It got sat on by Unicron!!

Ok, rant over...sorry to vent gang but I really needed to share with you all....seems these days the postal service really doesn't give two sh*ts how your mail shows up.

Please everyone, take note & beware...your customs mean little to these people so when shipping them...... CAREFULLY & HEAVILY PACK THE CRAP OUTTA 'EM!!

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Holy shit! I hope that was insured. :( 

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty big box for a small head. Did you fill all that space with quality packing materials?

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two words, Budokhan: LAW-SUIT!!!

Get with Satomiblood and stick a multi-million dollar one up USPS' ass!

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    the last few priority boxes that USPS has delivered here have looked almost like they were used for soccer practice...luckily the stuff inside was ok.

does not surprise me if they throw the shit around the way UPS and FEDEX does...fireman pitch from person to person in the loading centers...if it hits the floor or bounces a few times...who cares?

it's not like its their stuff ....

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I prefer my items getting shipped by UPS.

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Jeebus, did they drive over it??

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, what exactly was the size of the package you shipped it in compared to what was inside? It may not be completely their fault it got messed up if the packaging wasn't quite right for what you sent.

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

WOW! I would have ran back to the PO and raise hell. Thats BS.

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That doesn't suprise me when it comes to the USPS. They don't care!!!

But in the coming year of 2020, half of the post offices will be shut down.

11. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Sad Trombone

That sucks. But from the looks of things there should've been more bubble wrap involved..

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Took a tour of a couple UPS plants. One in Michigan and the one in Orlando florida. If the package has the words fragile marked on it they make a game to see how hard it can be tossed. Working inside a factory for 8 hours and most of that inside a hot tin room doesn't make people give two craps about anyone's package.

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

These things just happen sometimes. It is a risk with any mail service that transports large quantities of packages through numerous distribution centers where any type of accident can happen, so I really don't see how this is some kind of public service message.

They do offer insurance for a REASON.

Sorry for what happened though, it sucks.

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I put tons of bubblewrap in all my packages, I really don't trust any postal service.

15. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    I worked at UPS for 5 years.. among my many experiences was watching people build the proper walls (T, interlocking) and other people who build a wall 5 feet out from the rear of the trailer and then toss packages over it to fill the gap.

Other times, packages just get caught in the machinery. Every night there's usually a couple that get stuck in a belt, or caught at the end of a conveyer before hitting the slide, etc.

Yes, UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc....doesn't matter which delivery system you choose. Bottom line is you're going to find people and/or equipment who don't give a damn. However, there are many people who do care. I know I was one of them.

Sorry you were unlucky this time. Chalk this one up as a bad experience and move on, IMO. All you can do is pack the package the best you can and usually that is enough.

16. nodonnell1986

nodonnell1986 Well-Known Member

Damn dude that's not just a little broken, it looks like they smashed it with a hammer.
    Sad part is, usps won't care, their customer service sucks bad like. Eh, atleast they're on their way under.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You know they think "FRAGILE" is an Italian word people mark on their packages, right?

It must be because they treat every package I've ever seen that way like a football. If it's marked "DO NOT BEND", there's always a crease in the photos.

I won't even get into the legion of thieves that work in military postal hubs....

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Was there no bubble wrap or packing material of any kind in there? Something that small in a box that big should have been able to survive just about anything. LOTS of room for impact absorbing material.

19. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

I sure did! very carefully!
    I wouldn't be surprised!

What I sent was a custom, Classics sized Sideswipe head ( less than 3/4" square) For a box that size & the way I packed it, it shoulda made it to the moon with no problems!

Oh,but there was!

So do I! Im losing faith in them myself..

I hear ya...

Okay, here's how I packed the head. First, the head went in the little baggie, then it was very carefully taped to the inside edge of a large section of bubble wrap (done so the head wouldn't slide around during shipping) which was folded over upon itself several times to create a protective "sleeve" around the head in the baggie. Next, the box was folded together & then a barrier layer of packing peanuts was put into it on the far side of the open end. The wrapped head was then placed inside,resting on the middle of the barrier layer & more peanuts were put along either side as well as over & under the bubble-wrapped,bagged head very carefully so as to get the maximum amount of peanutty protection. Once this was done, the last barrier layer of peanuts was laid across the top (again carefully placed ) for maximum protection whereupon the box was sealed shut. I tried my best to ensure that it would arrive to my friend in good shape but I guess even that wasn't enuff.

Next time I ship anything, it'll be in a U-haul box lined with steel plates.

20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    damn...even with good packing material it still arrived like that? *shakes head*.....its almost like ordering stuff from a certain company in China....:mad  *ahem*...not gonna reference that issue......