Minor/Repaint: Ptrepare for Ptitvastation!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Aug 28, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

RAAAAAGGGHHHH PTITVASTATOR!!!!

Another thread with me (!!!)...

[​IMG]

... showing off the bots and parts I got. Pretty much spent the past 7-8 months getting this stuff aside from the rest of the collection, other projects, rent and bills... You know.

Still need a Cyb. Primus for arms, and to actually pm Ptitvite about a head (Screamer not G1, sorry. I've got plans for it, you'll like it. Really.)

The plan so far is to do without the Lego pieces and things for connections and joints. I've got a Movie-1 Mudflap taking one for the team, so ratcheting joints is a go.

Still need a cab for Mixmaster, but I'll figure that out later.

Also plan on geewun-ing up the headsculpts a fair deal. We'll see how that goes.

[​IMG]

The other night I was checking out Ptitvite's thread on TFormers for this project and noticed how his Long Haul's legs were configured. Naturally, only hours after taking these pictures. So I'll be back in a bit with pics of that.

_ Here we go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As always, thanks for looking, comments and discussion are encouraged.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    My dream is to make one of these for myself. Good luck!

3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Good proportions! Are you using primus or unicron forearms?

4. QmTablit

Thanks.
    Primus. I still have to go buy one.

5. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

what paint style are you going to use g1 green or g2 yellow i think the yellow would look cool

6. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

Do diaclone colors dammit!

7. QmTablit

_ Here we go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry guys, going G1. Green and purple all the way. The whole purpose of this is to add to my Classics shelf, to add to the modern-GeeWun glory.

8. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did you get the tonka cement mixer?
    I likes alot!

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

mines abit like this right now, all i need is a unicron waist+legs+primus arms and a devastator head

thing is its EASY to make this guy! this will be my 2nd (i did one when they first started showing up ages ago but used energon stars ect) and ive found a much cheaper and stronger way of doing it...personally i cant see why this thing is selling for 3000+ on ebay when they cost less than 200 to make!

the real pain in the ass with these bastards is once its all made...you then have to take EVERYTHING to pieces! all those screws and those damn pins (i hate you SO MUCH) and then paint them...and then put them back together again! why Takara wont just do this damn thing for the Henkei line i dont know...

btw how are you getting demolisher like that? everytime i try it his feet NEVER set like that

10. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

So that's how Demolisher is configured in these Devastators!

11. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

great progress! i thought about using another TF's arms instead of Lego joints too, but it turned out to be too difficult to try to get to fit. good luck though! my issue was, how do i get the parts to insert, and then ratchet, b/c it's just big gear inside, and the outside is stationary. so you'd either be inserting the ratcheting side, or the big gear. oh, 1 more thing, doesn't Scavenger go the other way around? i'm really upset that i didn't pick up a KO Devy at Big Lots 6 months ago, now he's nowhere to be found.

12. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Big lots just got a new shipment of them...mine just got a ton of them in.
    Might be worth checking out...
    I bought the exact same KO devs, I meant to keep him intact so I could make him look nice. But I have already started pulling parts from him for my big devs project.

13. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

too cool

14. QmTablit

Thanks. I don't remember exactly, I think it was just WalMart. It's just a Tonka Cement Mixer, look around at Tonka sections. They have a bunch, in different decos.
    I wouldn't say it's easy exactly. There's a bit of work to it if you plan on making them more G1 than what they already are (headsculpts and all). But yeah, it's not the most dificult thing to figure out. I'd say that what'll be the hardest part for me personally is going to be the painting. The only painting I've ever done in this context was just with Gundam Markers. I'm planning on using spray cans for this, but I'll see what I can put away for an airbrush set-up.

And Long Haul? Turn his waist around.
    As far as I can recall, just Ptitvite set his Long Haul's legs like that. I could easily be mistaken, but I know for sure that F_R set his how I had it originally- with the wheels facing forward instead of back.
    Thanks. I'll look for pics of Devs to see how Scavenger goes, but I could swear he goes shovel-down. I could easily be wrong though. I'll check when I get back home.

I actually only picked up the KO Devvy the other week from BogLots. Maybe try checking them again?
    Yeah, I literally spent $8 for the chest plate. LOL

The rest of it, as far as I'm concerned, is just reference material.
    Thanks. You should check out what others have done, Malfunction, Frenzy_Rumble, Ptitvite's original... They've made some nice Devvys. Wouldn't be having a go at this if it weren't for them.

15. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will be using the shield for my next devs, as I already had one...I used the KO's gun as a fun addition to one of my bots.
    I think I'm going to make my KO fully posable....after the big boy is finished of course.
    I really like your configuration for mixmaster.
    Mine is the dead opposite.

16. QmTablit

Oh yeah, I'll probably be giving that gun to someone sometime. Too cool looking to not use it somehow.

Have to see if anyone has smaller fist holes first. Before I go modding anything haphazardly.

17. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

man i love his customs!!

18. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

the shovel does go down, it's the legs, a lot of people do it the other way around, the mount the section where the head goes in robot mode, facing down, b/c we shave that out and put some kind of connector there for the arms. i'll post a pic of mine if you need clarification.

19. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine got used as a shoulder cannon...hehe
    I really need to post some updated pics.
    I'm really looking forward to all your projects Kusanagi....seems you have a big order on your plate at the moment.
    Any thought to sell them? Or are they all additions to the personal collection?

20. QmTablit

Ah, gotcha.
    Nah, no intent on selling. These are for my personal collection. Decepticons are outnumbered on the Classics shelf. LOL And after collecting toys for the past 15 years through different brands and lines, you pretty much get two basic rules: 1. You'll get more good guys than bad guys (or 5 Batmans per every one villain), and 2. Figures of female characters are typically 1 per case. So I'm not expecting HasTak to help even the odds.