Repro/Sticker: Ptitvite's Cast Hands.....

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by plowking, Jan 13, 2009.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey fellow Radicons....I just wanted to share with you guys one of the cool new items available from our very own Ptitvite.

1/100th scaled Articulated hands.

This is what they will look like when you get an un-assembled set from Ptitvite:

[​IMG]

They come on this "tree" as you can see above....They are cast in an "off white" color....all the parts are "bubble free"...no dips or crevices that need to be filled in.

[​IMG]

As you can see here, the "flash" is paper thin....in fact, I didn't even need to cut the hand parts away from the tree, I pretty much just tore the "flash" away, and separated the parts from the tree.

[​IMG]

Here are the parts, all separated from the tree.

[​IMG]

Here's whats left of the tree, and flash

[​IMG]

Using my razor knife, I removed what flash was left on the parts. I made sure not to accidentally cut off the "nubs" for the fingers....no need to look for pins for these hands...Ptitvite has made sure to mold the fingers and such with the nubs. You can clearly see them on the fingers, and inside the hands.

[​IMG]

Here's one of the hands, all prepped and ready to be assembled....they are rather idiot proof...you can see the locating tabs/pin that locks both halves together on the hand.

[​IMG]

Although, I didn't really need to glue the halves of the hands together, because they fit together so tight and secure, I did so anyway using one of those "paper binding" clips.....industrial grade :lol 

[​IMG]

Here are some comparison shots. Alt Hound Hound and Grimlock hands are to the left. Ptitvite's hands are in the middle, and the hands on the right are from a Toynami 1/100th scaled Valk. (sorry I didn't have more hands to compare with :( )

[​IMG]

Here's a shot of the hands, from all four sides...yes, I got two sets. Ptitvite assembled the first set for me, so I had something to go by. He sells then assembled, and un-assembled, still on the tree.

[​IMG]

And here is one of the main reasons I wanted them!!...(what?!...it's a transformer!! :p )....I love the 1/100th scaled Valks by Toynami, but the fact that you have to change out the hands for "different poses" bothered me....BUT!!.....Problem solved with Ptitvites Cast Hands...they plugged right in just like the factory hands, and as you can see, he still holds the gun just fine!

All in all, I'd have to say that I am VERY pleased with these hands. They are easy to put together....pretty much pain free!! :lol . As you can see, they are articulated with index finger movement, and the other three fingers moving in unison. And to top it all off, they are made very well...sturdy and strong, like I said, no need to fill any holes, nothing like that....all I had to do was trim some flash, and put them together....couldn't ask for anything easier.

I'm sure that as Kitbashers and Customizers, these articulated hands will appeal to a broad range of us that like to add that little touch to our TF's...(or Valks! :p ). I've seen these styled hands used on several Transformer customs as of late, and I'm sure the possibilities are endless.

For anyone interested in these hands, please go here to make your request, and post accordingly:

Ptitvite's casted parts **1/100 hands available**

Thanks Ptitvite!!...may your Custom Cast Parts thread be full of requests!! :D 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seems like another great service from Ptitvite and great review Plowking!

3. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Thank you very much Plowking! I'm glad you like them! I guess I better start mass production !

4. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

These seem great! How much and are they in scale with deluxes? Also, great break down Plowking.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    not make it Jetfire, and you'll be forgiven :p 

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props on the review guys....

No problem Ptitvite....you made an awesome product, and I just wanted to share it with the rest of the board.

And Redline: NO.

:p 

7. Ptitvite

Thanks Ptitvite!!...may your PM box be full of requests!!

It's already getting filled up....Sorry guys for the delay!
    I was not actually ready to sell them as I didn't make extras...I was waiting to get Plowking's review and see if they were worth selling. I'll be casting them as of now and I'll reply to my PM's as soon as possible.
    Thank's alot for Plowking who took the pics and made review. I would not have been able to zoom that close and keep focus!

8. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

J'en veux autant que tu peut en produire!

9. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

any plans to cast primus hands?

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to sound naive, but aren't they casts of Gundam hands with slightly modified thumbs?

11. Ptitvite

They are casted from my original gundam 1/100 model kits. I think there is mor than just 1 model of articulated hands. F-R uses the same kind but his thumbs face outward. If you take a look at mine, they face inward.

12. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any way we'll get any Deluxe-class hands in the future & also will these work on Voyager movie prime?

13. Ptitvite

The 1/100 hands are about all I can cast that near to deluxe size. Anything smaller is impossible to cast without proper and very expensive machinery.

14. closetrat

News Credits:
    Fair enough - would those fit on 74 BB?

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ptitvite = teh cool. That is all.

16. Ptitvite

Not sure they would fit on BB... I'll check with a friend of mine..he owns the toy.
    As for Voyager Prime, they may be a bit small but again, I dont have the toy so I'll check with my dear friend Frankywest.
    Get back to you asap.

17. closetrat

News Credits:
    Thanks a mil for checkin'...

By the way, as BB only has 3 fingers & a thumb, the hands could always be modded to be more accurate & then it'd have a better chance of fitting in place...

18. Ptitvite

Checked with Frankywest... The hands should work fine with voyager prime.
    they also should work in size with movie BB BUT not sure if they will conflict with his transformation.

19. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    they work good on a TFTM BB, both TFTM and the ROTF versions (well, you'd need 1 for the canon one). There's plenty of clearance for the hands in alt mode. I finally used some of these Francis, I'll post later I hope.

20. closetrat

News Credits:
    Ptitvite - awesome response - lemme get a new paycheck & we'll do business...
    FR - can't wait to see those pics...