PSP Transformer the Game Footage over at IGN.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jdre_124, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
  2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

The PSP can perform way better than that. The transformations were especially poor. I realise we're not in super console territory, but c'mon! When OPTIMUS adopted his truck mode there only seemed to be two frames of animation!

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap.

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Compare this to something like WIPEOUT on PSP (with it's smooth, high frame rate) and there's really no excuse for the shoddy work we see here. I was going to try this out, but now I'm definately limiting myself to the PS3 release.

6. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

This is one of those games that falls squarely into the lap of the usual movie-cash-in type of games. They hand it off to a low-end developer that's never done anything memorable, probably later than they should have, at a lower budget than they should have, and what they get is what they always get in situations like this... a game with shoddy controls, next to no real gameplay, buggy crappy graphics, that loses all sense and spirit of what it was supposed to be.

Makes me glad I don't play handhelds anymore.. hehe. I still have faith in the next-gen versions, though. Traveller's Tales is an established, well-respected developer with some damn good stuff in their library.

Speaking of which, IGN says their review of the game on the consoles will be up on Tuesday. I imagine their reviews of the handhelds will probably be up either tomorrow or Tuesday as well.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the DS game is great though.

8. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

WOW! those transformations are mind blowing! holy crap, there so fast you don't even see anything moving, it's just puff, i'm a car, puff, i'm a robot, man, these games are going to change the world of gaming forever

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The DS one blew this out of the water, for me.

However! The PSP game has so far had two bearably fun levels on my end, after about 5 hours of play!

Yeah.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FIVE HOURS?!

My total time for that whole game was only 3 hours, and I unlocked all of the rewards and characters.

And it's not that bad of a game. Just a little bit challenging here and there, and a bit boring at the beginning.

11. ragnarok nine_

ragnarok nine_ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus look ok, but the environment looks like crap. I just popped in Wipeout Pure and Ratchet and Clank and they look way better. I wanted to get this one just to have on-the-go, but I think I'll stick with getting the PS3 version.

12. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised how much this version gets panned, but the DS one gets praised. This one is probably more of a mess in the technical aspects considering what the PSP can do, but considering how ugly the DS one is I don't think its that bad.

I just like the narrative of the PSP version and how it fills gaps left in the movie/DS version. Though it is kind of scattered and the DS one has a more logical progression.

I'd probably give the DS version like a 7 out of 10 and this like a 5 or something, but that's comparing them to other games on the systems not to each other. Gameplay wise I think they both have problems (PSP control, DS auto aim), but they're decent enough I suppose.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the DS game might have a lower polygon count, but they're put to better use. and compared to other DS games, the TF game is stunning. it really opens the doors for whats possible on that system.

meanwhile, the PSP game is ugly as sin, AND broken gameplay and control-wise.

PSP version should have just been a prettier version of the DS game. there's no excuse for such a failure of a game. PSP launch games look and play far better than the TF game.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, now that I've had my hands on both, they're both crap, and only the name and characters presented in the game makes it worth playing. If the DS and the PSP version had soldiers instead of transformers, no one would be playing them. So nothing gained on either system.

Here's to hoping that this week we get a better game in the PS3/360 versions. Worst case, I still have my armada game. Those guys cared about the source material. I think Activision did as well, but they were pressed for time.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    How do you consider the DS game crap?