PSP or what??

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by salmonman78, Jul 10, 2007.

1. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Well I have a DS but lately I've gotten kinda bored with it and am thinking of maybe getting a PSP. What do you guys think, those that have em or had em already.

2. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Well, a while back I would just recommend other DS games, but the PSP has certainly grown in that it actually has some good games to offer now. If you have the money to spare on the somewhat pricey handheld, I'd say go for it. I've been thinking about it myself, but unlike you, I'm still getting a lot of entertainment out of my DS.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The PSP is the perfect cure for DS blahs.

Make sure to mod it with custom firmware to get the most out of it.

4. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    oh how i loatheeeeeeee the PSP i have 1 game for it Maverick Hunter X and if the game didnt kick so much ass i wouldnt have a PSP at all

as for DS i never leave home without mine

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I play DS a lot more than PSP, in fact the last time I played my PSP was a few months ago. It's just gathering dust, but my dad won't let me sell it and I'm holding out for FF7:CC. I say DS, since it has a sort of broader range of games, but if you like the graphics and media players, then go for PSP

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I play both reguarly. The psp is a decent system and has some good games and some decent ones coming out.

I recomend Metal Gear Solid Portible Ops
    Tekkan Dark Ressurection
    and Siphon Filter Dark Mirror.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wait until the new version comes out. hopefully it'll be shown at E3.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I never play mine, and the door sticks...waste of money if you ask me.

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I have both. However, I have been neglecting my DS lately because of home console and PC games. I use the PSP a whole lot, but not really much for games. The main use of my PSP is to use the Wifi to download podcasts. The PSP library is actually quite nice right now with God of War coming, but I dont really see too much after that.

If you have the cash to burn, I would say go for the PSP. But I would NOT advise you to trade-in or sell your DS or anything just to get a PSP. Both are great systems, and each have their share of great games. But if you do get a PSP, you might want to wait to see what Sony is doing about the redesign.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The PSP is great, but do some research in to its game library before making a solid decision. This is really the wrong place to ask for balanced opinions, however, unfortunately.

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The PSP can be a lot of fun if you enjoy the games that are available for it. However, I'd hold out for two reasons. They're supposedly dropping the price on the original PSP soon (unless that already happened and I missed it), and there is soon to be a PSP version 2 with a whole lot more onboard memory and supposedly a "nicer" screen.

12. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ya i love my psp and wish they still were dishin out the movies like they were at the begining but ah maverick hunter x is awsome , along with metal gear PO and burnout have to have burnout for all systems . both gtas are worth it along with socoms andnot to mention god of war and final fantasy CC are comin soon

13. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I had a PSP and enjoyed it. Definately a good little system.

Game wise I had GTAs, need for speed carbon, hot shot golf, ridge racer.

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

well...from what i read about the redesign PSP...i was actually looking for a real redesign...but lighter is better.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Ha, awesome. Pack the new PSP with Family Guy so that I have absolutely no desire to go near it. They would have had a sure sale from me on the video output thing alone without that.

Hopefully there's a non-extras package for the new one. Wifey and I want to each have a PSP and I had been planning on buying the new one when it came out.

16. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Great news, but I'm not buying it. I don't want the Family Guy set, which I know is included in that price.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's it? It's lighter and has a TV output? There's got to be more to it than that.

TV output is nice, but it's not enough to get me to upgrade.

18. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

The TV out was the thing I was saying it needed when I first had a PSP. I was like this system would be badass if you could hook it up to a tv and watch movies, it would have helped out to sell some UMDs. Imagine being able to watch a movie on your 52 inch tv and then shit gotta run, disconnect one wire and watch the movie on the run. Probably would have sold to parents with kids.

I think the old sega portable genesis did this, but instead of watching movies/tv you'd be able to play games on the bigscreen with the portable system.