PSP faceplate help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Valkysas, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I got my PSP used, and the thing is scratched to hell. there's even a small chunk of plastic missing on one of the corners (where it says hold). I really cant stand it since I'm starting to use it more, So I'm going to get rid of the ugliness and get a new faceplate.

I'm likely going to get this one:
    http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,3941.htm
    because the screen portion is a seperate part and can be replaced if it gets scratched.

Has anyone tried these? are they easy to install? is the quality good?

and finally, I opened my PSP once before to get the dust out from behind the screen (sony wanted 130 dollars to do it). I got it out, but some new dust got in there in the process. any reccomendations on how I can change the faceplate without getting dust in there? maybe have someone spraying a can of compressed air near the thing (but not at the screen itself) when I close it up?

2. Big Nine

Big Nine <font color= pink><b>Pink Soul<br>'Weak Humanoid G Veteran

I want one of these, but I can't decide if I want the ones with the optional color buttons or the cheaper one with no color match button options. I read the instructions on it (also on the site) and it looks pretty easy to do, the hardest part being the moving of the analog stick. I'm not sure what to say about the dust, except dust a lot durring the process, do it in as clean a place as possible, and perhaps blow it off just as you are closing it up.

3. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, the analong stick can be popped out easily. Just pull it straight out and off it comes.

4. Big Nine

Big Nine <font color= pink><b>Pink Soul<br>'Weak Humanoid G Veteran

The nub on the face side pops right off, but the control is on the other side. That takes a little work.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ohhh I want one of those. Anybody know how well they compare to the real PSP faceplate in quality?

6. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Just be careful where you get your faceplates from. I've read some horror stories at PSPupdates where the new faceplate wasn't molded properly and didn't fit right, etc. As logn as you replace it in a relatively clean area (I do all my work on my PS2 in our kitchen on the table) it shouldn't be too bad. I've never cracked open my PSP though. I'm gonna wait until my year warranty is up a EB first.

7. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    yeah i was gonna get one but i didnt really need it so i bailed out. I might be getting a blue one later on depending on cash left from ps3 fund.