PSP carry case for $8 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Nov 15, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Best Buy is clearancing a PSP carry case for only $8, 75% off original price of $32. This is branded by Gameshark. It's the heavy duty aluminium case that comes with USB cable, screen protector, car cigarette lighter charger, crappy earbuds, etc.

I saw the same case at one Gamestop, sans accessories, braded for PSP, PSP Slim and DS Lite for $15, and is generally $30 everywhere else with PSP accessories(saw a variant at Target for $25 but might have been a different brand). This case seems branded under several names though, and often have designs printed on. And it's probably the best PSP carry box available if you need room to store extra stuff(if you don't, TRU is clearancing their smaller aluminium PSP case for only $5).

FWIW, I saw a cheapo $5 PSP carry bag at Game Crazy. I bought it for my Neo Geo Pocket, but it's flimsy enough not to be PSP reliable.

2. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

And the contents...

*shammy cloth with screen protector. I'll open this when I can find a dust-free environment to apply this thing. Or hope screen guards come out for the slim soon.
    *car charger. I'll keep this. I can charge my PSP if the electricity goes out for an extended period(went more than a week this February thanks to winter snow)
    *4 UMD cases. Some warping, hard to get them in or out. I'll sell these to a local store for a quarter each and get a UMD-8 case at Gamestop.
    USB data/charger cable. Old PSP model with 2 ends, 1 for USB, 1 for power. PSP Slim supports direct USB charging though.
    *lanyard and analog stick cover. Lanyards are useless. Might pry the stick off and replace it with the red one though if it's compatible.
    *crappy earbuds. Not messing with these.

The case is durable and locks well. I might add a thin foam pad to the PSP compartment due to the slim being thinner though.