PSP bundle out tommorrow

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Steevy Maximus, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Sony plans on releasing a PSP bundle set for $250, in addition to the standard stuff, the extras plan to be a 1 GB stick and 2 media offerings:
    Lord of Dogtown
    ATV Offroad fury
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157470.html

Personally, I really question the inclusion of "Lords of Dogtown" as the movie, I mean seriously, it wasn't all that big a hit, and with Sony's massive library, it seems a fairly lackluster offering when you are trying to push the system.

Just a quick run through of the UMD catalog shows:
    Air Force One
    Bad Boys 1&2
    Cowboy Bebop the movie
    The Final Fantasy films
    Ghostbusters
    Godzilla series
    Hellboy
    Men in Black
    Pink Panther
    Spider-Man films and CG animated series
    SWAT
    Zorro films

Even ensuring a PG-13 rating, you still have far more entertaining films like MIB or Spider-Man which are significantly more marketable.
    Of course, that may well be the reason LoD were included to begin with.

Can't argue with ATV though, it is a solid enough racer, though I feel something like Daxter or Wipeout Pure might carry more commercial impact.

One thing I'll always give credit for Nintendo, when they bundle, they don't go with the B and C level games, they go for the AAA titles

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Well a Lackluster movie, a Memory Stick that can be bought for $30 andgame that unless you are a racing fan or an off-road fan you could care less about and you are guarnteed to get a TA-082 Motherboard that insures that you can't downgrad the firmware and run firmware. Sounds like a winner to me.

All that aside, I see them selling a lot of these during Christmas to people that don't know anything about homebrew or parrents and grandparrents buying them for kids.

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    On a side note, I was pleasantly suprised by the 2.71 hack to downgrade back to 1.5. I thought I would never see homebrew again.

and in other news, I saw a 2gb memory stick at Best Buy for $30 after rebate.

4. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware of this. I was just about to trade my PSP in towards a DS Lite. I've been trying to do it for a while now but I haven't had the time. I may just hold off on it now.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just where can a 1GB stick be found for that cheap?

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

They're around $50 (1gb MS) but if you watch for sales or sign up at cheap ass gamers then you can usually find them for $20-$30ish. Best Buy had a 2 gig in the $60 range recently but I think it was with mail in rebates.

edit: 2gig at fry's/Outpost
    http://www.outpost.com/product/4840420

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah I had a guy that had 2.60 and I upgraded it to 2.71 and then brought it back down to 1.5.

Just make sure you don't have a TA-082 Motherboard if so you WILL brick it

Office Max and Office Depot have been running sales in that range or you can go here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820191419