PSN store error 80023102

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sideswipe80, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Sunday I got a few SF costume packs. Monday I go to get one more and get this error message. So I try again today and same error message. I posted on Sony's support and general forums and no response. I then get a friend request from some guy named BoomerSooner720 who says he's Mark Shaw(no clue who that is) and that I'll need to add him as friend. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes, but not always, those errors usually show up when the store is down. If you have accounts from other countries you can test the stores from there to see if it's just the US store.

Dunno about that friend invite. Might just be someone spamming, maybe just send him a message back asking him where he knows you from.

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Is Sony always this slow to respond to a support question? And yeah I didn't accept that friends request. Too fishy for my liking.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, the last time I called them was to ask about deactivating systems that I don't have access to. The guys responded pretty quickly even if I didn't like what he had to say.

I do recommend maybe typing that error in google and see what comes up.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Error-80023102/m-p/5939674

Here you go. A guy seemed to have responded that there is a problem. You can add funds on the PC in the meantime. Was that what you were trying to do? Add Funds? You know on PSN you can just make purchases and just get charged the amount for the thing you're buying? Well for anything above 5 bucks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah I googled and nothing helped. I was trying to buy something. I know it add funds automatically if you don't have enough. Every time I got to that screen that error popped. I just wanted a SF costume pack lol. i got 2 on Sunday with no problem.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you try buying them on the PC?

Wait, is this Sideswipe Sideswipe? lol

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zoe noes !!1!!111. You must have hacked your ps3. Run for you basement because the black choppers will be after you soon!

I honestly had the same problem a while back. I had to erase all my billing info, shut off my ps3, then restart a bit later, re enter the info, shut down for a little bit, then restart and then it worked.

I think it had to be all caps too for some reason

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Spoke to sony while driving to work. The woman said I may need to open ports on my modem. Even though the store worked fine before.

9. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before messing with your settings I would power cycle the modem and see what happens

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did she sound like she knew what she was talking about or was she looking through her database?

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Sharing my downloads with my brother and sister wouldn't cause this right?

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    No.

PSN Errors happen all the time. The fact you think you need to be friends with someone for it to work is silly to put it mildly.

Also, wasn't a certain SSF4 pack discontinued, or did google lie to me again?

13. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    At least you can get that far. I can't get PSN to even accept either of my credit cards.

14. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Prowl I don't think she knew anything to be honest.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, not in the least. You are legally allowed to share downloads with up to 5 systems. But on a different note, if you're brother or sister's system ever starts looking like it's going to die, be sure to deactivate yourself on it, otherwise you might lose that slot if the system pops.

If by any chance you live in an apartment, put your apartment number and address in the same number. I seem to recall having that issue a few years back and when I typed the address all on the same line, it worked. Same thing happened to me on the wii and live, so maybe it's the way the address is listed on my bank.

16. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Well I was able to buy Jill and Shuma yesterday, and also buy Rogues LBP costume. Tried the SSF4 costumes and still get the error message. So it must be the costume packs. I'm not sure what the issue is.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're able to buy one thing but not another, then maybe it's what Recall said and they're not available, even if the links are up.

18. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Didn't see his post since I have him on ignore. But you would think a message would just pop up saying that, gotta love sony lol.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they probably just didn't clear the link. On Tuesday's when they update, I have just stuck to looking for the updated stuff with the search function, since it's up early in the day, but they don't update until the evening, lol

20. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    It took them all day to put up Parasite Eve. Finally downloaded it at like 10pm last night.