PSN Game sharing

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kronos, Jul 9, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    OK, I was wondering if any of you have ever done this? you give a buddy your PSN login info and let them download your games. I came across a site that has strangers doing this. I understand the downfalls. But damn its tempting!

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    o_O 

all ur gamez r belong to me

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My buddy and I do it. But we have known each other for like 16 years. I wouldn't ever do it with someone I don't know. It's worked out nice with expansions and Rock Band songs.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't do it with someone emailing you randomly, but it is not illegal. It even says on some of the game downloads that your purchase allows you to download it into 4 or 8 PS3s (I forgot which one it is). I downloaded some acrades to my buddy's PS3. Sony's pretty easy-going about that kind of thing.

I don't think you can do it with the bigger games though (Grandturismo, for example).

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

And after your 4 times, that's -it-.

Not really worth it given the risks of HDD corruption and other risks and pitfalls.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So long as it's the same PS3, you should be able to do more than 4, because I have deleted games off my system and redownloaded them when I wanted to play them, and it's been a bit more than 4 times. I do it especially with the PS1 games. They add up.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was under the impression the cheaper games around 10 could be downloaded without limitations. I know Warhawk has a limited number and restrictions on multiple machines. People were pissed when they did that.

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

It's 5 consoles and can be played with any account as long as the buying account is on that console.

Warhawk and Gran Turismo are limited to a single account. As long as you're signed into the purchaser's account you can play it on any (again 5) console.

I share with a friend. We take turns buying games and the Ex packs for Warhawk. Only if the US would get more damn PSone games.

9. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    Well I took the plunge and traded a bunch of games. I actually got some good games out of the deal! And it was easy. I traded with someone that was in high reguards on this particular site. And it went smoothly!

If anyone here is looking for anything, Im looking for Pain!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why the hell would people be pissed? Do they want Warhawk's Developer to make 50 bucks for their efforts. I understand the smaller games, but I mean, people started asking me for my email so they could download WH, and I didn't even know them.

They should be glad that it's not like Live, and if I lose my machine, I have to rebuy everything.