PSA:Quick, safe, and easy way to loosen stiff joints

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by MrAngry, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

If anyone needs a safe, non permanent solution to lubing a stiff joint on a new boy, hit it with this stuff. It's sold at most Honda motorcycle dealers. I've used it on my helmets and sport bikes for years, and started using it when joints are near breaking levels of stiff when you do your first transformation. It's also very thin so it sucks right into joints, and the remaining can be wiped right off.

Helmets are much more sensetive to degradation from chemicals, for obvious reasons that's bad, and this is approved for cleaning them. So, I've tried it over several months on some bots with great results.

26422781352_76ff19a1b0_b.jpg

Untitled by Nophix, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2022
  2. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's pretty cool. :)  I always like seeing tips like this.

It says it leaves a streak-free finish. Is that something that wipes off easy?

Since we're on the subject, I'll give a recommendation that's widely used by collectors, but people are often surprised to hear about...

It's 80 weight 100% pure silicone gel, also known as shock oil.

[​IMG]

You can get it for about $5 at a hobby shop that sells rc car parts, or even from online stores like Amazon and one bottle will last you years and hundreds of bots and other collectables.

To apply it, you just dip the point of a toothpick in the gel and put a tiny drop in the joint and work it around.

No mess, no spray, and it fixes squeaky joints and even ones that feel like they're about to break from the tightness. So it's a must have if you collect FansToys products. :lol 

It's one of two products that I recommend to anybody that's a toy collector. The other is Pledge floor polish with future shine, for tightening joints. :thumb 

~Matt Booker

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

Matt, it wipes off nice and clean. It isn't thick at all. It's meant for spray on, wipe off.

The shock oil is a good one, too, but from experience it's a pain to wipe up. I accidentally tipped over a bottle in my tool box while at the track. That was fun.

I build and race RC cars, too. Well, I should specify, I'm mostly a rock crawler now, my kids race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.