PS4 or XBOX 1

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by prowl07, Jul 22, 2017.

1. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Hello. I've been out of the game console world for over a year and am looking to get back into it. I'd like some insight on whether or not to get a PS4 or XBOX 1. I previously had an XBOX 360. I haven't had a Playstation since the PS2.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    PS4 has the best library of exclusive games by far IMO. Xbox can play 4k Blu-Rays.

Overall I'd go for the Playstation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    The PS4 has a larger, and more varied amount of games. It serves as a Blu-ray player, and in my experience the graphics are just so much better.

I was on the fence a long time, but once I got my PS4 I had absolutly zero regrets getting it. Though I may be partly swayed, as I mostly play japanese games.

4. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on what you like. You like racing games? Xbox. Japanese games? PS4.

• Like Like x 2
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i'm personally an Xbox One/nintendo man, but it depends on your gaming preferences. from what i see, Xbox does more racing and shooter games, but PS does more anime-style games and offers exclusove content on a few games that Xbox doesn't (the only example my sad brain can come up with is how in SFxT, megaman, pacman, cole macgrath, and those cats were playable.)

i actually haven't touch the PS4, and my ps3 is only for netflix, movies and wwe network...

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I prefer Nintendo and Sony. I will never accept Microsoft in the video game world.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

to me it all comes down to the games; which console has more of the games you actually want to play? If you don't know, than I highly suggest you figure it out before buying either.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Both have remote play which is great if your on vacation and have a laptop. But as others have said the PS4 has more games.

9. CanineGunner

CanineGunner Active Member

Ebay:
    Compare a list of exclusives, choose whichever console has more of what you like. I have both and don't think one is better than the other.

10. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Have an Xbox myself but never use it as I play on PC mostly. Plenty of games I would like to play on PS4 however, a lot more than Xbox. Have a look at the exclusive games or whichever system friends have, and base your decision on that.

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I’ll state the pros and cons of both. I own both. I had PS4 first.

PS4
    Pros
    Single player exclusives are better.
    Gets a decent amount of timed exclusive content by activision.
    Best console os menu easy to find what you need.

Cons
    Every edition of the console has no 4K blu ray player
    Online improved from PS3 but it still doesn’t live up to Xbox. Quality and none of the exclusives have good online modes.
    Backwards compatibility isn’t free.
    Controller battery life sucks.

Xbox
    Online is the best (if you don’t count PC)
    Exclusives still have some of the best multiplayer experiences.
    Free and true backwards compatibility.
    Best controller on the market.
    2 of the 3 models can play 4K blu ray movies.
    Xbox One X is a power house from specs (comes out In November)

Cons
    Exclusives lack good story and single player modes
    Menus are super confusing and is one of the worst ui I ever used on a console.
    The console had a lot of stupid features during launch.
    Ads everywhere in the menus.
    Hard drives are hard wired into the console. Can’t be swapped unless you want to void warranty.

12. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, friends. I went with a 1 TB PS4. Picked up Air Conflict: Pacific Carriers and Titanfall 2 for games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you play with friends? If so, where are they mostly at?
    Make a list of exclusive games on each console and maybe narrow it down.
    If you don't have a 4K TV, then some of these upgraded console may not matter too much to you unless you're looking to be gaming on it till the mid point of next gen. By that time, you may have a 4K TV...?

The Xbox 1 has EA Access and Game Pass to help you catch up on current gen games.

I had both, all three if you want to count the Wii U (at THAT time), but sold off the PS4. Sure there were games on the PS4 that would like to play. I even bought some that I never got around to playing. The PS4 was my console for exclusives only, unless theres some really cheap flash sales.
    The X1 was just being used more. Bought all the 1st party and 3rd party games on it. All my friends were on there. A few also had a PS4, but like me they were rarely on it.

EDIT:
    .... NVM... you went with the 1TB PS4 aha

14. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    PS4 because it's bigger, holds more, more games to play, plays Blurays.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Games are about equal in both. Xbox on can play Blu rays too. It also plays 4K blu rays disc. PS4 can’t do that.

16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Honestly, whenever I hear Xbox, I see visions of a little north american kids yelling/cursing to the top of their lungs at other kids and maybe some adults who are actually trolling them for kicks (bad form if you ask me). I view this as a kid's console disguised as an adult one. More like grapics define the game rather than actual gameplay type of console. Probably the main reason why I never owned one. I own pretty much everything else including handhelds.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

personally I don't see the 4k bluray thing as a selling point. as there really isn't a whole lot of 4k bluray content out there to make it worth it in my opinion. Netflix/redbox doesn't offer it yet, and by the time they do, bluray will be done. To me it is still all about the games. While it is true that one can do 4k blurays and one can not, it's pretty much useless right now.

Maybe it will be relevant if games start coming out on 4k blurays. but i doubt it.

Honestly, at this point Xbox one's best selling point is the backwards compatibility.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm a sony guy but I'd say both are really great consoles. I mean you have so many options and that is what matters when you are footing the bill. You buy what you are used to playing is what I'd say. If you like games on both get both but I'd highly recommend watching the game being played first before you buy. I've bought a few games not watching much on it(YouTube) and ended up wasting my money on some $60 bones and other $20bones.

19. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Seeing as DVDs still somehow sell more, I doubt Blu Ray is going anywhere anytime soon.

20. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

In North America it doesn't matter which console you have, the online community is little screaming kids. Also don't forget Xbox and ps4 are 80% identical to each other in terms of offerings, so by your own points ps4 falls into a kiddy console in disguise. Thus why I own every option available regardless, because why choose a side when you can play everything.

• Like Like x 2