PS3/XBox 360 Managing Game Differences

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jan 24, 2009.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Never really though about it til now and now this has been stuck in my head and i was wondering...for games that come (or will come out) on both the PS3 and 360...how are the differences managed.

i wont add the Wii cause that's usually a different story as they usually have a different team working on that one due to the graphical difference and controls...

but back to the PS3/360...

like if MGS4 were to come out on both...i know that they made the game to use almost all (if not all) the space of the BR disc...how would they have made the 360 version...multi-DVD discs? removed content/extra-content? lowered the graphics? make it where you would d/l the extra-contents?

and now that FFXIII will be hitting the 360 too, what does that mean too...take the easy route and make it to the 360 standard so it'll be a easier port to the PS3...or utilize all the BR space and figure out a way to fit it on a DVD.

GTAIV from what i've seen is the same for both, a little better graphics here and there, but nothing major...so it seems like it was towards the 360 limitations...

then there's Eternal Sonata...since it was a 360 game first, and now it's on the PS3...there's a lot of space now, so they made more content for it...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    God, I hope not. :( 

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    FFXIII is still being made based on PS3 spec first. the 360 version will be built seperately.

don't worry about it.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    People have to keep in mind though, that since the 360 is more profitable than the PS3 for game companies. It's going to be the lead platform for a lot, if not most, multi-console games. Some studios put in the extra effort to ensure quality versions on both. Some companies, not so much.

There are loads of blogs out there that pick apart multi-console games to show the differences, changes and drawbacks on the PS3 or 360 version of games.
    But if you're a multi-console gamer, then just do some research before deciding which console to buy a game for.