PS3 Wireless Help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Heat Guy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got one, but cant get it hooked up to the wireless. Everything else works fine just the wireless doesn't. Anyone got any useful info?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Hey,

I had the same problem when I got my PS3. My Xbox, Wii, PC etc all connected fine to my internet via my wireless but the PS3 didn't.

Does you router use a WEP key or some other encryption?

I found out my problem was due to the ecrpytion code. Previously my router was using a WPA/2 something Key and I had to change it to WEP for my PS3 to able to connect to my wireless router.

To do that I put my IP address into the address bar in an open internet browser page, and it sent me to my individual routers site, I had to put in the default user and password, which is if you haven't changed located on the bottom of your router.

Within there I saw the WPA/2 key number and clicked the option to change it to WEP. It generated the WEP key, which I wrote down carefully and clicked save. As I had changed the key I had to set up everything again on my PC and consoles for the new WEP key to take effect and connect to the internet. Its a lot of work but it does work.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I know I had to do some port forwarding to get everything working right.