Ps3 trophies have left my building(Help Please)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by PrimeGrimlock, Oct 24, 2009.

1. PrimeGrimlock

PrimeGrimlock Tidalwhale

or somethign else wierd has happend.I dont know but....
    Ok you know how you turn the ps3 and the little icon select thing shows up before the menu(if more than 1 person uses the ps3,also not the psn sign in)
    yeah so if i use the one my dad made i get trophies on all my games,but if i use the one i made for me i get trophies on evrything BUT Call of Duty World at War.i dont know if its the game or my system but i get the trophies on my dads ......uh icon selected menu(i dont know the term shut up),but yeah a little help would be greatly appreciayed

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wish I could help bro, but I've never heard of that problem

3. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I think you're saying you have the WAW trophies on your dad's profile but not on yours, that's because the trophies are profile specific. If you earn some trophies on each profile, those specific trophies will only appear on the profile you were using when you got them. As far as I know you'd have to re-achieve the trophies on the other profile if you wanted them there too.

4. PrimeGrimlock

PrimeGrimlock Tidalwhale

You see thats the thing when i go back and play the game on my profile and im SUPPOSED to get a trophy(ies) it says "You did not earn a trophy",NOT earned a trophy.
    BUT,when i go back AGAIN on MY DAD's profile i get whaterver trophy that i earned when i played then
    so,i play on my profile and nothing,but i play it with dad's and i get the trophy(ie:say i play the first level on my dads i get the trophy,but i play it on mine i dont get squat)

but thanks anyway

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Hmm, is your profile a full fledged one like your dad's, that is, with all rights and priviledges he has? Or is it some kind "guest" account? Have you earned any trophies at all previously on your account? I don't have a PS3 but I do have a 360, and I ask those questions because on the 360 it's picky about earning achievements. Seems you have to be a full fledged member of Xbox Live, Silver or Gold, to be able to earn them. So there may be something similar at work here. But I could be wrong, on both points.

The only other thing I can think of is that the game has glitched somehow and awarded the trophies to the PS3 as whole when you or dad got them on his account, and won't award them to you because it thinks you've already got them. Try this, make a 3rd temp account and go for an easy trophy and see if it awards to that temp account. If it doesn't then there's something odd going on.

6. PrimeGrimlock

PrimeGrimlock Tidalwhale

sounds about right,ill try that sometime tommarow and yes i have erned trophies with other games on my profile,its just the one thats being a douche

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are you copying your Dad's saved game into your profile? Because trophy-enabled games are linked to the PSN profile they were originally created with.

8. PrimeGrimlock

PrimeGrimlock Tidalwhale

My dad dosent have a psn,also no copying from me