PS3 Save files

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spoiler, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Had a question, I looked all over to try and find the answer and came up with nothing. Is there a way to take save files off of the PS3 and put them on some sort of external device? I ask because I wonder if for some reason I end up losing stuff if there is a way to have it to where I can reload it to the system.

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I could have sworn there was a similar thread like this a while ago. Something about downloading old saves off the internet. This may have been PS2 though.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    you can plug a USB device into the PS3 and then back up the game saves.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can back up PS3 saves to anything. I moved all of my game saves to my camera's memory stick in a folder, and have them stored in my PC, just in case anything to happen to my system. And similarly, you can go to gamefaq.com and download other people's saves, for PS1, PS2, and PS3.

5. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Hey there spoiler! Yep you can back up PS3 save files. Heres a link to help you. Click here!
    Hope this helps!

6. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:

if anyone needs a reason to backup game saves, here is my experience:

Criteriongames.com • View topic - Need some major help! game save lost. please help!

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Yes, you can back up saves, just plug a USB key in and go to it.

You can also download saves people have posted online. I downloaded an awesome one yesterday for MGS4 that has EVERYTHING (including all the emblems!) unlocked. I've already played through the game myself, but it's fun to extend the life of the game by just mucking around with all the elite toys I have neither the skill nor the time to earn myself. I have rarely had as much dumb fun as I did last night with the stealth suit that makes you invisible equipped and shooting the old timey musket at bad guys. :) 

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, I don't like DLing peoples saves because I feel like I didn't earn the stuff. But anywho, I found a spare SD card and used that. To tell ya the truth, I forgot there were different memory slots under that flip panel. Ok, I didn't forget there were slots, but I never realized one was an SD slot until I actually looked at it!

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Yeah, I can understand that. I beat the game myself before I did it. The reality is that I no longer have time to devote to getting good enough at the game to earn all the hidden stuff, but I still wanna play around with the cool toys you get from some of the more ridiculous requirements.